♫ | five

As soon as Minho stepped into the room with his brother and father, he noticed him. 

Unlike everyone else, who whore something fancy and alluring, he was dressed casually. And that caught his eye.

He just stood out. 

Minho noticed how the boy had a nervous face and when his father shook his head at him, Minho noticed how the boy looked down, as if he was already sure he won't be selected for the job.

He didn't know what it was, but something about this certain boy was just intriguing. He wanted to learn more about him. He wanted to choose him- despite knowing his father may not be so contented about the decision.

While Felix was selecting out of them, Minho couldn't get his eyes off the boy. For a minute, he almost saw him smile, but then he looked lifeless all over again. 

Minho grew curious about him by the minute. And when Felix finally came over and it was his turn to select, Minho didn't even pause to look at the other's faces before walking over to the boy who had his gaze lowered.

"You. Your name?" He asked, making the boy look up in shock. He stayed like that for a second and Minho repeated himself again.

The boy looked at Minho with his big dough-like eyes before looking at Hyunjin for aid. The taller noticed this and told Minho something that made him shiver.

"He can't speak," Hyunjin said.

Minho heard some gasps around the room, and he looked back at his brother and father who also had shocked expressions. 

He then turned to the male who looked at Minho with hope. 

Minho knew there would be better choices than him. He knew every single person other than the boy could do their job better, and grow closer to the family.

But why did he still want to choose him? 

This boy who can't speak. Who he can't converse with.

"Your name?" Minho asked, knowing that the boy couldn't answer but hoping he would reveal in another way. And he did.

Jisung picked up the folded paper from his pocket and pointed at the line where his full name was written in. 

"Han Jisung..." Minho read the name out loud and he smiled a little. 

"I choose you" 

"The three of your rooms are here, next to each other," Mr.Goseuk said as he led three boys into a corridor with three dark oakwood doors. The three of them bowed at the man before he walked away.

Once he was gone, the three of them finally expressed how excited and happy they were to be the lucky three who were selected.

"Wow... how are you guys feeling? I was so shocked when Mr.Lee asked for my name" Chan chuckled as he asked the two younger males.

"I can't even tell you guys how happy I am right now- I wasn't honestly expecting it at all" Hyunjin admitted, sighing happily.

"I was happy too"

Jisung silently smiled at them, wiggling his hands in the air a little to show he was excited, making the two other males chuckle a little.

"He's really cute," Chan said and Jisung furrowed his eyebrows at him, pouting. 

Hyunjin chuckled a little before ruffling Jisung's fluffy hair.

"Definitely," he said.

"I'm not cute" Jisung groaned in his mind as he gave the two a tired look before walking into one of the three rooms.