35. Children's Welfare Home

Chapter 96

Little Mu Ke couldn't respond for a moment. "Why won't we be taken away if it is our baptism day?"

Bai Liu (6) explained, "According to my general understanding of a baptism, we shouldn't be eligible to have our blood drawn before the baptism. It is because we are sinful before the baptism. Only the blood of the lord can wash away our sins."

Bai Liu (6)'s words had a lazy tone to them. He had stayed up two nights in a row and was a bit sleepy. "Haven't you found it yet? This group of flute playing children are saving people."

Mu Ke was startled. "Saving people?"

"Yes, saving people." Bai Liu (6) closed his eyes together. He placed his hands on his chest and lay peacefully, as if he was going to fall asleep the next second. "They have IV tubes and bags on their bodies. They should've come from the private hospital. My guess is that they know the terminally ill investors are going to draw the blood of these children next, so they are taking away the children who were selected to have their blood drawn."

"For example, the kid in our room who was taken away. I saw him during the day today. The dean took him to register and said there was an investor who wanted to adopt him." Bai Liu (6)'s tone was peaceful. "I believe you've seen clearly what happens after adoption in your dream, Mu Ke."

Mu Ke thought of the blood-drawing torture in his dream and shuddered.

Bai Liu (6) continued without any fluctuations. "If my guess isn't wrong, it is precisely due to this that the children who are taken away first see what might happen to them in the future under the hypnotism of the flute. Then they see this group of strange looking children after their dream."

"The group of children playing the flute should've expressed that they are the victims of the blood draw and they will take the children to a safe place, never needing to come back. Thus, the children took the initiative to follow this group of weird-looking flute players and walked so joyously."

Bai Liu (6) paused for a moment. "Meanwhile, our investor has given up drawing blood from us. So even after being baptized, we are safe. It is because we don't need salvation. We won't be taken away."

Mu Ke lay on the bed, turned sideways to look at Bai Liu (6) who seemed to be asleep and asked in a low voice, "Bai Liu (6), why are you so sure that your investor won't secretly register to take you away and draw your blood?"

Bai Liu (6)'s breathing was even and he didn't answer Mu Ke, as if he had already fallen asleep. Mu Ke sighed sadly and muttered, "Bai Liu (6), you are so naive to trust your investor." Then he fell asleep while worrying.

In the last moment when Mu Ke was about to fall asleep, he seemed to hear Bai Liu (6) calmly answering, "If he lied to me, I will kill him."

In the darkness of the children's bedroom, two pairs of eyes were stiffly open.

Little Miao Feichi and Miao Gaojiang trembled and hid under the quilt. They listened to the conversation between Bai Liu (6) and Mu Ke and also saw the terrifying flute playing child who broke in. It seemed that because they were both awake, the flute playing child hovered above them for a long time.

Now the two of them hadn't yet experienced a variety of horror events in the game and become famous S-grade players. They were so scared that they were sweating and didn't dare move. In the final analysis, these two were just ordinary people in their childhood.

Maybe they couldn't be regarded as ordinary people. After all, one had the courage to kill his mother and the other to indulge his child in eating his wife's corpse. However, how could being killed themselves be the same as killing their terminally ill mother/wife?