105. Pre-season

Chapter 370

The moment the mechanical voice announced the end of the match, Wang Shun collapsed backwards and leaned back in his chair, Liu Jiayi's lips, which had been pursed, curled up, Muke breathed a long sigh of relief and Tang Erda's shoulders, which had been tense all the way, slackened.

The Reverse God smiled and looked towards the exit next to the big screen, where Spades was also staring at.

Everything seems to be in slow motion.

Bai Liu logged out from the side of the big screen, not in a hurry, and looked down to straighten his shirt.

Mu Sicheng logs out after Bai Liu, who is slightly wounded and cursing at him, as if accusing Bai Liu of using him immorally in the game, but on closer inspection, Mu Sicheng has a gangly grin on his brow and eyes, as if he doesn't mind much what's happening in the game.

For winning.

The crowd was a mixture of cursing and cheering, mixed with the panicked screams of the Frenzied Lamb players and members.

"What will we do when the president of ...... dies?"

"How can you fight a group battle without a tactician?!"

Bai Liu straightened every crease in the hem of his shirt before slowly lifting his face, the screams and whistles of the crowd breaking down dissipated for a moment as all eyes shifted to Bai Liu with his head up.

At the end of such an exciting match, the tactician of the winning team will usually come out and make some sort of closing remarks, such as belittling the opponent and praising himself, which is tantamount to canvassing in the final stages, soaking up any remaining points from the audience and building momentum for the next match.

Bai Liu smiled and raised his hand before politely bowing slightly to the audience, "I hope my opponent and I have contributed to an enjoyable viewing experience."

With that, Bai Liu smiled and went down without much ado, as if he didn't think the victory was worth the trouble.

Without belittling his opponent or emphasising himself, without going into lengthy detail about his triumphs and hardships, Bai Liu breezed past this victory as if he had gotten it lightly.

This restrained yet graceful gesture of victory was so powerful.

Especially when this poise is seen in a rookie tactician facing a professional guild for the first time, the appeal to the audience grows exponentially.

After a brief period of silence, the noise of the rabid Lamb supporters in the gallery who had lost the points died down to the faint sound of excited discussion.

The obvious subject of discussion was only one person.

"...... Bai Liu ......"

"I'm going to put half of my savings points down on the Wandering Circus ......"

"It feels like this tactician is so strong, even stronger than last year's killer sequence ......"

"Can't kill as much as last year's Spades, but the pressure and control of the field is not at all like a newcomer, and sure enough, the dark horse that Charles the old greaser has his eye on is not going to be a cheap one ......"

As Bai Liu returned to the circus team, everyone stood up and handed Bai Liu a bandage.

It is a convention that bandages are given to teammates returning from a fight to repair their wounds, much like the sip of water handed to a fighter in the middle of a boxing match.