74. Reality

Chapter 238

When he opened his eyes again, Armand was back in time, as if before the accident.

Or rather, it is not accurate to define Armand's current world in terms of what has happened to him. It is as if he has travelled to another parallel time, where everything seems to be the same as it was before he was born, and yet each place is different, but not by much.

There is still the Bureau of Heresy, there is the game, and there is his most important brother Georgia.

Armand was glad to be here - because here his brother was still alive and well, and had not been captured and tortured into madness by Mu Sicheng.

Because there was no such thing as a monkey thief running a huge heretical smuggling line that made the three districts miserable, something Armand had confirmed over and over again in the month since he woke up, but each confirmation made him even more excited.

At this thought, Armand exhaled a long, relieved breath, but it was as if he was running away from something, a strange, lingering feeling of emptiness inside him.

There was peace again within his enclosure, and this time no one came to disturb his peace.

Why did Armand don't appear in this world after his death, and is it a real world, or is it a perfect illusion in hell after death to compel the undead to stop by?

Armand touched his throat, which Mu Sicheng had gutted, and felt as if he had been favoured by a non-existent god, allowing him to rewind the game of life and play a more perfect [future line].

But is this [future], which he does not know whether it is real or not, really a future for him?

What is the point of his existence if even death has lost its value and everything can be [read in the archives] started over, his mistakes and sins washed away?

Armand didn't know the answer either, he was too young.

Young people are not good at thinking about life, especially young people like Armand who has spent most of his short twenty years of life working against a thief.

But in a time and place where "thieves" do not exist, it all seems so absurd.

Armand suddenly felt that the world was like that bad guy had disparagingly commented - [It's just a game, what's the big deal].

Armand could never understand why Mu Sicheng always stripped himself of the real world like that, looking at everyone from above and treating everything like a toy.

After the wanton play, it was clear that it was the fellow himself who had done the evil, but then he was lying quite alone on the moor looking at the sky and saying to him, saying Armand, that the game was no fun at all without friends.

I don't want to go on, says Mu Sicheng very softly, with his elbows over his eyes, and for a moment Armand feels as if he is about to burst into tears.

He is the one who chooses to play, he is the one who refuses to stop playing, and in the end, he seems to be the one who is most upset.

Armand took a deep breath and drew back his thoughts, no matter what kind of world or game this was, he knew that the only thing he could do now was to protect Georgia.

He must not let Georgia go through those terrible things again.

Armand brushed his half-length hair off his shoulders and pinned the little winged emblem of the Golden Dawn guild behind one ear - or Georgia would see him and say he was rambunctious.

Armand doesn't like his hair tied up like his brother, he finds it too tight, he prefers to wear it loose, so Georgia makes sure he keeps it well groomed.