38. Children's Welfare Home

Chapter 104

They turned back and had to carry Mu Ke and Liu Jiayi. The three children's speed obviously wasn't more than an adult but fortunately, Bai Liu (6) took them to run at 9:30. This still had a certain time advantage. The teachers behind couldn't catch up with them in a short time.

After seeing that they were approaching the gate, Miao Feichi and Miao Gaojiang showed ecstatic expressions on their faces. Yet Miao Feichi's expression soon stiffened like a drop of wax solidifying in cold water.

He froze in place, stopping at the edge of the open gate and not going outside. He even took two steps back.

Outside the gate, there were countless Slenderman-like investors with hats and bandages wrapped around their faces.

Their mouths chewed on the bandages used to bind them, exposing their mouths. Their sharp teeth were wide open as if they were grinning all the way to their ears. Their noses were tilted into the air as they kept sniffing, smelling the fresh prey approaching them. Sticky saliva dripped from their mouths.

They were dressed all in black and couldn't be seen clearly in the night. It wasn't until he reached the gate that Miao Feichi could see the white spots floating outside the gate weren't moonlight.

It was the bandaged faces of this group of people.

They blocked the welfare home's half open and half closed gate, stretching out their long and slender hands through the gate to reach the children beyond it. The sharp teeth in their mouths clicked as they opened and closed them, seemingly imitating chewing on something. Saliva dripped down continuously.

The children saw the monsters outside the gate and couldn't move. Miao Feichi and Miao Gaojiang sat on the ground with Mu Ke and Liu Jiayi on their backs, their faces full of shock.

Bai Liu (6) also sat on the ground. He adjusted his breathing and calmly looked out the gate. "We failed. Sure enough, it isn't that easy to escape."

These monsters should be those who were seriously ill and died because they couldn't get the right child's blood. They wandered outside the children's welfare home at night and the children who escaped were likely to be split up by these investors.

The teachers behind them caught up and scolded the children who dared to escape. Bai Liu (6) was slapped by a teacher and fell to the ground.

He was beaten hard with a broom but there was no expression on his face. It seemed that he had expected these actions. The dean locked the gate before turning to look at these children in a gloomy and condescending manner.

Her face was so gloomy that it was about to drip off. She turned to look at the children and spoke in a deep voice, "Tell me whose idea it was to escape right now. The children who speak don't have to be punished so severely. If you don't tell me..."

Before the dean's threat could be spoken, Miao Feichi and Miao Gaojiang stopped running all over the place and looked at Bai Liu (6) with hatred. They didn't hesitate to identify him. "It is him!"

The dean's eyes moved to Bai Liu (6), who was still lying on the ground from the beating and slowly getting up. She paused, her tone unclear. "It seems that today's baptism hasn't washed away your sins, Bai Liu (6)."

"You need to be washed cleaner." The dean smiled kindly but there was no smile in her eyes. "Tonight, before you are sent to the hospital on Wednesday to be paired with other investors, I will thoroughly wash away your sins."

"The other children will be locked up together for a day of fasting. I will take Bai Liu (6) to the church alone for confinement."

The moment Bai Liu (6) stood up, he was carried away by the dean by the back of his collar, dragged rudely in the direction of the church.