39. Children's Welfare Home

Chapter 109

After the phone call, Bai Liu looked at Liu Huai beside him who was drinking mental bleach. Liu Huai's two arms were cut off and now he was struggling like a beggar. He was drinking with a bottle in his mouth and choking everywhere.

Previously, Bai Liu wanted to feed Liu Huai but he only had one hand. The moment Bai Liu (6) called, Liu Huai told him to answer the phone first. Now Bai Liu finished the call and reached out to grab the bottle to help Liu Huai. Liu Huai looked at Bai Liu.

Bai Liu had no expression on his face as he held the bottle out.

Liu Huai stretched out his head to drink.

Liu Huai felt that he must look very embarrassing right now. His face was grey and black and he was drinking from someone's hand like a stray dog. He knew that many viewers were watching this ugly scene. Once his mental value recovered, he felt an unprecedented embarrassment and the emotional turmoil made tears drip down his face.

"What are you crying about?" Bai Liu asked as he held up the bottle. "Didn't you survive?"

"I don't know why I'm crying." Liu Huai's mental value hadn't been fully restored. He was like a male university student who easily felt ashamed of himself at this age. He covered his face so that Bai Liu couldn't see him.

Liu Huai shrank back, lowered his head and spoke in a hoarse voice, "...I'm like a homeless stray dog."

"It is a bit similar." Bai Liu commented without any emotions. He raised his eyes to look at Liu Huai, his severed arms still oozing blood. "We both look like stray dogs but at least we are living stray dogs. Everyone is alive and so is your sister."

Liu Huai bit on the bottle of mental bleach in Bai Liu's hand. He endured and endured it but he finally couldn't help whimpering and crying.

Liu Huai, who had no arms, curled up and cried. He bent down, his head against Bai Liu's hand bending deeply toward the ground like he was kowtowing. He vaguely choked out his thanks. "Thank you for saving me, thank you for saving my sister."

A few seconds before the explosion, Liu Huai had thought he would die. It was because an assassin who had lost both arms and exhausted his energy would have little use for Bai Liu, a person whose own interests were paramount.

Yet Bai Liu rushed into the flames of death and dragged him into the mirror with the whip.

"In fact, I didn't think that my other self would save your sister. I'm not quite sure about his reasons." Bai Liu lowered his eyes and used his hand to straighten the bent over Liu Huai. He coldly looked at Liu Huai's tearful face. "However, I saved you for a reason. It is because you also saved me. This was our previously negotiated transaction content. If you successfully hold Miao Feichi back then I will try to save you."

"I have to say that I am a trustworthy wanderer..." Bai Liu looked into Liu Huai's tearful eyes, extremely calm. "Stray dog."

37 minutes ago, Ward 913.

The restless Liu Huai paced back and forth anxiously, turning his head from time to time to look at Bai Liu sitting on the bed. He took a deep breath. "Do you really want to ambush Miao Feichi and Miao Gaojiang? The two of them are S-grade players. If we don't succeed then we will die!"

"So we have to succeed." Bai Liu said. "They should be suspicious of Mu Ke's identity. I think they will go to the ward to find me but I'm not in the ward. Then they will search other places to catch 'Mu Ke'."

"They can't have guessed that Mu Ke would be in the medical records room so they won't be able to find Mu Ke in the hospital. However, Mu Ke will be sure to go back to the ward before 9:15 p.m. It is because the nurses in the hospital will come to check the rooms. My guess is they will wait for Mu Ke."