107. How to own five buildings

Chapter 380

Mu Sicheng frowned at the team sitting on the bench across from Russell Cemetery, ready to fight: "Why are there only two of them? And wearing masks?"

The masks worn by the members of the Russell Cemetery Warriors depict a sun radiating light in all directions.

Wang Shun looked across at the two players sitting on the bench, not saying a word, and quickly tensed up, "That's their president on the left, he hasn't played in a long time, why is he playing against us this time?"

"In their usual tactical style." Liu Jiayi analysed calmly, "These two should be able to grasp us with their skills."

Bai Liu simply glanced over the masks of the Russell Cemetery team members, his eyes not lingering too much as he looked out into the audience, his eyes darting around the gallery for a moment, stopping at a corner spot.

There sat a man in a tall hat, white gloves and a cane, who seemed to notice Bai Liu's gaze, raised his hand to take off his hat, and smiled slightly at Bai Liu with his hand spread out.

Wang Shun followed Bai Liu's line of sight, and was startled: " Charles? What's he doing here? Didn't he say he wouldn't come to watch us play before the challenge?"

"And if I remember correctly ......" Wang Shun tapped on the system panel quickly, "there's a mid-season tournament today with the Gamblers' Alliance guild playing! He's supposed to be playing, so how come he's here?"

Bai Liu's eyes locked with Charles: "Because I had a chat with Charles alone before I went on."

Wang Shun was stunned: "Talking about what?"

"After this match the next one will be a challenge match, the opponent's pool and points will be dozens of times larger than ours, and in order to control the field I need the strong support of Charles the investor." Bai Liu blandly withdrew his gaze, "So I say, come and see the game today, he'll get a gambling match that will satisfy him."

"So he happily decided to forfeit the race, and came to watch me bet on the game."

"To Charles' satisfaction?" Wang Shun's voice rose for a moment, but he quickly lowered it, his face anxious, "Chairman, Charles is a gambler, he won't be satisfied with anything except a game where he can double his points."

"We're about to play the challenge, there's no point in showing him loyalty now, you shouldn't have been in such a hurry to talk to Charles today, even if we beat Russell brilliantly in this game today, their pool is not big and the money cocked up from the pool won't feed Charles at all. "

The expression on Wang Shun's face became increasingly grave: "Giving up his own game to watch ours means Charles is giving up his own pool ...... Once a man like Charles gives up something to do something and doesn't see the return he wants, he won't hesitate to withdraw. He won't hesitate to withdraw his money!"

Bai Liu calmly puts on his leather gloves and moves forward: "I'm sure of it, just leave it to me, don't worry."

Charles, seated in the audience, propped his hand on the top of his cane and absently tapped his fingers on the orb as he shifted his gaze from Bai Liu to the Russell Cemetery crew on the opposite side of the room, the smile on his face growing more and more meaningful.

"It's been a long time since I've seen a gambling race that I've been happy with, and I hope that this year's selections of my stakes horses don't let me down and deliver a race that satisfies me as promised, rather than wasting my precious racing time."

A huge discussion erupted from the audience:

"Wow, how dare the gamblers' league, just forfeiting the game, not even playing three games and giving away eight points to their opponents."