Chapter 1

Omniscient POV

"I'm telling you to think about it; what harm can it do?" Over the phone, the guy heard his best friend's voice.

"I know, Shikamaru, I know I lost my job, but I'm not about to lose my dignity," replied the guy.

"Think about it, Naruto, you know how things like this spread like wildfire, and sitting in Japan with that ruckus going will not get you anywhere." Shikamaru reasoned with the blond once more.

"..."

"Just think clearly, and I'm here to help you, this is the best option right now," Shikamaru attempted once more.

"All right... let me think about this for a while, and I'll get back to you." Naruto said as he hung up the phone with his best friend.

Naruto strolled up to his apartment balcony and gazed out at the blue sea beneath him, the fragrance of salty air tickling his senses. Heaving a heavy sigh, he considered what Shikamaru had said.

Shikamaru's first mention of it to Naruto left him speechless. Marry someone he didn't even know! Shikamaru's explanation of the facts sounded enticing. Over the span of five months, Naruto's life had taken a turn for the worse.

Flashback

"I swear I did nothing; I had no idea he was doing all of this behind my back, behind everyone's back. I had nothing to do with anything he had done. I've been working diligently for Takamoto-san, and my commitment has always been with him." Naruto looked terrified and exasperated at the investigating officers.

"Well, Uzumaki-san, we haven't found any proof linking you to the perpetrator. And you were completely oblivious of what was going on in the firm." According to one of the cops.

The second officer motioned to the individual entering the interrogation room and stated, "But you were, 'involved' with him so, Takamoto-san..."

"Naruto-kun, whatever happened has happened, but I'm afraid I have to let you go from the firm as of right now; no further charges will be brought against you, and your name will not be associated with this mess; it's been a pleasure working with you for the last four years." Takamoto said as he went out the door, leaving no room for Naruto to express his thoughts.

End of Flashback

Six months ago, Naruto's coworker, Sai, was caught stealing money from the company where they both worked. 500,000 US dollars, to be exact.

Naruto had not been involved in any manner, but unfortunately, being the lover of a guy who has been embezzling money is no less of a crime, which led to him becoming associated with Sai at the time he ripped off the corporation. Naruto was completely free of any criminal activity. However, he was fired from the company and has been having a difficult time finding another job.

Nobody knew about their relationship because Naruto and Sai kept it quiet, except the investigators and Takamoto-san. Although it appeared that if you were fired from a corporation so close to a controversy, no one believed you were innocent in the conduct. He enjoyed a good life because he worked as a Personal Assistant at Takamoto Tech.

Unfortunately, fantastic lives are expensive, and five months without salary had completely depleted his money and savings. The doorbell rang, and he went to open it, only to find his foreign neighbour holding his mail.

"Hi, Naruto," the girl smiled as she waved the envelopes in her fingers at the blond.

"Hey Venesa, thanks for accidentally getting my emails again." Naruto said with a phoney smile. He was aware that the girl had been hitting on him since she moved in last year. Even though he had a lover and is gay openly. She continued to try her hardest to catch Naruto's attention, such as swiping his mail from downstairs on purpose.