Chapter 36

"So... excited about your wedding?" Shikamaru looked at his excited girlfriend who was literally squeezing his hand in a deathly grip.

"What do you think?" Naruto asked back in a tired huff as he accompanied his best friend and his new bestie for a much delayed shopping trip.

"Oh puh-lease! You are getting married to the hottest male and playboy in the country, Sasuke Uchiha, the most eligible bachelor! You gotta feel something!!" Ino squealed happily, she was happy for both the men to have found something so serious and meaningful.

Her boyfriend has mentioned things but hasn't disclosed any details which is considered classified information for Uchiha.

"You know let's just get over with I am tired and I have to be at Mr. Uchiha's place later in the evening as well" Naruto said tiredly the wedding date was getting closer and closer and they still have to do a lot not to mention Sasuke's demand of spending time together every alternate day to increase the closeness between them.

Naruto didn't mind the closeness but his dirty thoughts were getting out of hand and all he wanted to do these days was to jump Sasuke's bones the minute his ocean eyes landed on ebony.

Shaking those thoughts away he followed again behind Ino to another bridal shop, since it was a closed small wedding with only 50 people Naruto decided to have both Shika and Neji to be the groomsmen one for each and their significant other as bridesmaid.

When Naruto proposed this idea he wasn't so sure but after getting a positive response from both his and Sasuke's best friend he was elated and so today they were here for bridesmaid and groomsmen dresses.

Since Tenten and Neji couldn't accompany them, Ino took the job at hand and forced the other to poor men in fashion labor and as much as Naruto liked playing dress up, but right now he was getting tired of many choices.

Finally when Ino came out in a burnt orange velvet dress that had thick black outlines going throughout the bodice and hem. Naruto's eyes stayed stuck on the dress they hadn't even thought of the freaking theme of their wedding but Naruto knew this would be the dress for the bridesmaid in his and Sasuke's wedding.

Ino notices the love look on Naruto's face and immediately does a small twirl showing off the flow of the dress and the decent size slit on the left side. The dress is edgy, elegant and beautiful.

"So, I assume you like it?" Ino asked, feeling extremely happy as well.

Naruto shook his head making Ino confused and then, "No, I love it!" Naruto said as he felt tears pricking in his eyes and he couldn't believe he was getting emotional over a bridesmaid dress, it wasn't even his wedding outfit that Sasuke had kept a secret from him.

Ino slowly walked down the center station where she was showing her dress and hugged Naruto tight, Shikamaru looked at both of them and went in for a big hug himself. He was happy he made the call for Naruto coming here and was happy that Naruto was finally getting over the dark period of his life.

After discussing a couple of alterations they fixed on the first Armani suit they saw courtesy of Mr. Shikamaru.

Naruto was overall happy with this shopping trip but he was more excited to spend time with his fiance. He knew he already had gotten attached to Uchiha and he wanted to enjoy every second this marriage was to last.

***

At Sasuke's place a smooth soft laughter echoed from his kitchen as both men dedicatedly cooked dinner while teasing each other as they worked in harmony.

"You know, I seem to have taken a fondness of the way you look when you cook." Sasuke supplies subtly, he had something in mind and wanted to carry the conversation up to the point.