Chapter 18

Every week Naruto and Sasuke appeared in numerous events. Making their official public appearance as a couple after their first big social event, the blond wanted to know about the people so he could engage in conversations with people important for Sasuke's business.

Even after their divorce he'll continue to work at Sasuke's company and wanted to be presentable enough and not just the hanging loop on the raven's arm.

The raven noticed how people easily warmed up to Naruto, he has an easy-going personality and charms and without a doubt he is definitely one hell of a smooth talker.

Sasuke was proud of the fast-going popularity of Naruto and his relationship. He often received comments and compliments about how amazingly excellent Naruto is and is one hell of a keeper. How Sasuke was a lucky man to have found a man who didn't just had good looks but was a brainiac too.

'He is a keeper but only for six months. Why did that make me feel so empty inside and make my heartache?' Sasuke thought.

He would have his shares for the company, his grandfather's brother left for him. He'll hold the ultimate power over the business, and everything will be as it once was supposed to be. He would be happy and content again, leading and living his life to the fullest, but the thought of not having the blond by his side makes him frown internally.

He had a discussion regarding Naruto's family with Shikamaru and he confirmed that he knew the blonde from when he first moved into the city and his school when he was 14 and that he met his grandparents.

"Are you sure?" Sasuke asked his right-hand man.

"Yes, I am sure. If I knew I would have told you already. I have never heard about his brother or father, and he rarely talks about his family. Even Hidan stayed there with them until he graduated, and he doesn't know anything about them either."

"Naruto really talked well about his father and brother, Shikamaru and I am sure, you saw the report you gave me, right? His information is well hidden and even the cause of his mother's death. There has to be some reason for this secrecy."

"I know but we can't do anything until things unfold. Or... are you planning on dropping Naruto fro–"

"If you are worried about that then, No, I am not dropping him. We have come too far for to back down now and he seems right for the job anyway. Pretty much everyone is smitten by his charms and work, and I am sure he has set Neji's expectations so high working as his assistant that I doubt we'll be able to replace him." Sasuke interrupted Shikamaru, he could easily see that the man was losing his cool when he came to the conclusion that the he might leave the blond.

But that was not an option over here, what he told Shikamaru was true but there were other things too, Sasuke liked Naruto to an extent where he was utterly comfortable in his presence and didn't have to pretend to be some high-class businessman that he is.

Plus, it honestly would be a fucking hassle to get him another contracted husband/wife. He asked Shikamaru to keep the investigation going and report to him if anything new comes up.

The next few weeks flashed by, and before Naruto knew it, he already had become a tabloid sensation with his and Sasuke's news more often. They had already completed their 2 and a half months mark and he knew soon his engagement would follow if things go accordingly as Sasuke has initially planned.

But there was no doubt in his mind that Sasuke and Sakura had history. During the past weeks they have been encountering Sakura at every party and event and at one point in time Sasuke becomes too engrossed in her to even remember that he came with Naruto.