Chapter 29

Recap:

"Naruto... I can't imagine my life without you in it for even one day. From the moment our paths crossed, my life has been illuminated by your bright smiles and love, and I am endlessly grateful for the beautiful moments we have shared. As I look into your eyes, I see our future together, and in your smile, I find my purpose. Will you make me the proudest and happiest person by being my partner in this extraordinary journey of life?"

"I love you, Naruto Uzumaki." Sasuke finished as he looked at the man in front of him briming with tears who was speechless, everyone was staring at Naruto waiting for an answer, but all he could do was stare with tears and mouth slightly open behind his hand.

***

Distant murmurs and gasps could be heard the minute Sasuke went down on his knee, pictures and videos were being taken left and right it was like a new sensation that Sasuke Uchiha is proposing!

The biggest playboy or now a man was finally down on one knee for a man he just recently met, making his family and friends shocked in wonderment.

The social media was flooding with the live recordings from the venue of Obito-Kakashi's wedding.

And even as Naruto stood there in utter shock clasping his hand on his mouth like he was afraid he let go don't know what will come out of his mouth.

After a brief good two – three minutes Sasuke's nerves started to pick he looked at Naruto wondering why wasn't he saying something.

People were now starting to fidget in their seats anxious for the blonde's reply. Taking a deep breath Naruto reminded himself that this was all planned, wasn't it?

Why I am being so fucking shocked right now?!' he thought as he took a resolve to make this whole thing more make-believe to the audience.

A small subtle breath later he knew those perfect words the raven had just said were not true, heck even if he had feelings for the man, he could let himself be a fool for believing something that was utter hoax.

Right, this is a job, and he keeps forgetting that!

Naruto knew in his heart that Sasuke didn't love him, nor he had any lingering feelings for him, but for now he couldn't help himself a single tear streaked down his whiskered cheeks.

He still hadn't uttered a word or a sound yet, which was as nerve-wracking as it could get for Sasuke who looked a little uncomfortable and maybe in pain.

"Naruto, I know it's really shocking baby... but I actually need an answer. I am starting to lose feeling in my legs." Sasuke joked, trying to lighten the mood which brought Naruto back to the situation in hand.

He chuckled as quickly wiping his stray tear that had the raven feeling a bit relieved as his heart skipped a beat.

'Was he really that shocked that he cried?' the raven thought now seemingly more comfortable.

"Heh... Of course, Mr. Uchiha, I will marry you." Naruto said nodding his head slowly to emphasize his answer.

"So that's a Yes?"

"That is a Yes" He conformed as Sasuke got up making the whole place erupted with cheers and claps at the couple as the Raven hugged his blonde.

Sasuke looked at Naruto's breath-taking eyes as he slowly kissed his forehead, taking the blonde's tan fingers in his he slowly slipped the ring on him.