Chapter 19

Without a second spared and Naruto found himself being engulfed in the tall man's arms from outside, it felt like a safety blanket, but the thumping of Naruto's heart said otherwise.

"Ku–Kurama" Naruto stuttered when he saw the man in front of him after almost 12 years.

"Baby how are you, I thought I'll never see you again! But thanks to the tabloids I was able to track you down. Oh, Naruto, you have no idea how much I've missed you all these years." Kurama said as he tightens his hold on Naruto, baffling everyone and attracting the other onlookers as well.

There were whispers and murmurs heard but Naruto couldn't comprehend anything. His ears were ringing, and his heart was thumping erratically inside his ribcage, he felt his throat constrict trying to gulp the lump in it.

Neji and Shikamaru visibly stiffened at the sight of the Mafia leader hugging Naruto. There was no secret that Kurama Namikaze was a yakuza from Japan who later married Italia's biggest mafia mob's daughter and took over the business there.

He later killed his said wife and father-in-law after taking over their business and people. He was people's worst nightmare when he wanted to, a sadist who had the politicians eating right from the palm of his hands.

He had the world bent to his will and here he was hugging Naruto like his life depended on it and they have known each other forever.

Naruto came out of his trans and pushed Kurama's chest away from him, trying to push him away, it all was too much to take. Flashed of that day back when he was 17 years old came at full force playing like a broken record and how fucking useless and helpless, he was.

He wanted to get away, away from here, away from this man, away from the place, away from Sasuke's indifference.

"Are you not happy to see me, Naru?" Kurama whispered slowly in his ears when he felt the blonde trying to push him away.

"A-ani-ki" Naruto breathed out breathlessly, his voice barely above a whisper. He feared that people might hear him if it was any louder.

Naruto looked up to see the man that was holding him a foreign yet familiar feeling that lingered him.

The older man looked just the same he last remembered he saw, the day he left for college after New Year and the day after when the worst imaginable doom occurred on his family.

Kurama looked the same, just a little bit older than a full flagged man. He now had more build on his muscles, his red fiery hair that matched their mother was shorter than he last remembered in a near low pony giving his face a nice angle.

Those hard fiery red–violet eyes that turn soft and loving when they look down at his oceanic ones.

"And who you might be?" Sakura's voice rang, cutting the tension and silence that took over looking at Kurama.

"Kurama, what are you doing here? I didn't know you were coming tonight, is Itachi with you?" Sasuke was the one who questioned further as he looked at the man who was holding his fake boyfriend closer than necessary but his focus was on Sakura and Kurama.

"Oh, Sasuke, I didn't see you there. And oh yes, he's here." Kumara smiled that didn't reach his eyes, his voice wasn't as merry as it was when he was calling out to Naruto. Kurama motioned with his hands around the room.

"Please, don't say anything here right now, please a-aniki." Naruto whispered. It had been 12 years too long and the word felt foreign on his tongue, still standing close to Kurama with the red head's hand draped over his waist.

Kurama looked at his younger brother who he thought was dead just like his mother. He was traveling back to his college in London when he found the worst news of his life. He lost two of the most important people in his life and he couldn't do anything for them.