Chapter 25

Recap:

"What kind of business contact?" Kurama asked after a few seconds.

"About me being here on probation for 3 months and if he is satisfied with my work, he'll extent the contact of my work since I was told it wasn't a permanent position until I have proven my skills."

"Are you telling the truth?" Kurama asked skeptically, because he clearly heard saying that Naruto can keep his current position after terminating the contact.

"Yes," Naruto said calmly he wonder how much Kurama has heard.

"If so, then why did you ask to terminate that contact? And I heard it correctly that he said you can keep the current position." Kurama still looked at his Otōto skeptically. He felt that Naruto is hiding something from him, and he didn't like that at all.

"Well, I honestly... after everything yesterday I just wanted to get away from Sasuke and his drama. So..." Naruto let it hang there.

***

Kurama carefully looked at his brother and heaved a heavy sigh.

"You like that Uchiha brat." Kurama said, more like stated after a few minutes, taking Naruto by surprise at his declaration.

"What? No!" Naruto said quickly too quickly that he knew he can't hide that from his aniki. So, he just nodded his head.

Kurama smirked 'there has to be something that with those Uchihas that got us Namikazes hitched to them' he shook his head still smirking.

"Then if you like him so much, why are you terminating the contact?" Kurama asked oblivious to what the actual contact is about.

"Stay here and get your man like a Namikaze should! Well currently in your case an Uzumaki!" Kurama said winking at Naruto who looked up shocked at his brother's approval of Sasuke. Well kind of.

"Are you suggesting that I stay here and not terminate my contact with Sasuke and pursue my likes for him?" Naruto asked. He knew his aniki didn't know about the marriage contact but this was as good as it was gonna get.

"That's what I said Otōto" Kurama said with a wink as he stood up and straighten his suit.

"Shall we call them in? I am sure they are anxious to know what the big baddie Kurama did to poor little blondie." Kurama said teasingly.

"Big baddies Kurama? Yea sure aniki... 'You were the one who was terrorizing me not the other way around'" Naruto said mimicking Kurama's voice.

"Yea... sure let's do that. Wow its late." Naruto said as he looked at his wristwatch, standing he went towards the door to call them back inside so they could talk.

Ture to Kurama's words everyone was waiting anxiously, well three people and two stoic Uchihas.

"Sorry for the delay, come on in guys." Naruto said rubbing the back of his neck.

Neji and Shikamaru exchanged glances while both the Uchiha brothers were glaring holes in Naruto's skull for very different reasons.

Casey was excused once again, and the four others went inside to find out all the shit that has been happening.

Shikamaru was now even more sure that Naruto and Kurama were more than acquaintances like they claimed, and he was keen on knowing what it was but at the same time thought of giving his best friend time to tell him the actual thing eventually.