Chapter 35

"Well, will you tell me who this silly girl is that broke our precious Noah's heart?" Naruto said smiling trying to lighten the mood.

"It's not a girl. It's you, Naruto." Naruo was completely taken aback by his response.

'So Sasuke was right. Noah did have feelings for me, what did he say when I entered the room it felt like the entire world came to a halt, MY GOD that's how he felt about me?'

"Don't you remember before you left your Dad's place to go live with your grandparents, when that tragedy struck Namikaze's. I was always around helping you with everything. I know I asked you out many times before, and you kept rejecting me saying I was the best person you could ask as a friend." Noah said taking his hand in his, Naruto did remember it and so he said.

"Noah, I am so glad that... that night when I asked you to... you know and you didn't try to take advantage of my vulnerability."

"I know you were so happy we were never more than just friends." Noah completed for him.

He was so glad Noah hadn't had sex with him like he had demanded and stayed by his side just as a friend.

It was a moment's weakness and that's all. Noah will ever be his friend. Naruto didn't see it, but Sasuke did, he noticed it as soon as he started talking with them.

'God, why does he have to be right about everything!' Naruto thought and placed his other hand over Noah's.

"Noah, I'm really sorry, I never realised you felt that way. I just never saw you as anything but a great friend." Noah gave the blonde a weird smile.

"Ah, the story of my life as a good friend but nothing more." He said sarcastically.

"Noah, you were everything to me when... when Mom died and even if I did have other feelings for you, I probably wouldn't have done anything about them. You saw how I was after witnessing how she... I just couldn't think of ever being happy again." Naruto said, trying not to picture his mother's dead body in front of him, being beaten again and again even when she was long dead.

"And so, the Uchiha changed that now?" Noah tried but his voice still carried malice.

"Now.. I'm happy to be with Sasuke. I'm sorry Noah." It was so hard watching his welcoming brown eyes being drowned in disappointment.

'The fact that I am lying right now, made it all the worse, I wasn't really with Sasuke! but I'm legally bound.'

"Hey, Naru... I understand. Uchiha seems like a pretty good guy, I hope you can always be happy." Noah lent over and kissed Naruto on the cheek just as the dessert arrived.

Naruto felt nothing but kindness from the small peck—no sparks flying or his skin burning. It was the kind of kiss a brother would offer. It simply wasn't the same as even after Sasuke gave him a quick touch and skin rub.

Naruto felt nothing but kindness from the small peck, it was the kind of kiss a brother would give you—he didn't feel sparks shooting or his skin on fire. That simply wasn't the same as his first kiss from Sasuke.

Sasuke didn't miss a single thing that was happening on Naruto's table. He had watched as Noah held his blonde's hand and then he placed another back on Noah's hand and was livid when he leant across and pecked his cheek!

The raven was pretty sure no one else had seen it. His favorite dessert had been placed in front of him, but he couldn't bear to put it in his mouth due to the horrible taste that was burning in his mouth right now.

After dessert had cleared away, and dancing started Sasuke marched up to Naruto and held out his hand.

'Was he going to mention anything about his earlier behavior? Is he going to apologize?' As they danced about, Sasuke pondered. Naruto felt Sasuke was stiff. So he leaned down and quietly murmured "I'm sorry" into his ear.