Doing Our Part (Leo)

Reader's Point of View

I groaned as I sat up making the blanket slip off of me. 

I looked around to see that I was in another airplane as I paused, I could hear hushed conversation close by.

Standing up and walking around one of the crates. "-It is not my job to make your presence known alright? Get out of your head and communicate." Leo said smacking his hand in quiet frustration.

"What do you expect? He's all logic and no skills." Raph growled. "Oh coming from the guy who's all instinct no restraint." Mikey retaliated for Donnie and himself. "Dude, what do you know about anything? You're all heart and no brains." Leo said.

"How could you? You may know a lot about strategy but you know nothing about feelings." Donnie sighed with a hurt tone. "Ha!" Raph fake laughed as they all turned away from each other.

I felt my heart hurt just from the boys arguing but the fact that they were saying such hurtful things about each other when they most likely worked together to save me... Yet again.

Leo paused as I saw how tense he was. "Fair enough... Wanna know the one thing I am feeling? We may be brothers... But we are not a team." He said in a normal volume with a hidden tone of hurt.

"Great..." Raph whispered to himself as he looked away from his brothers.

I could see Mikey holding back tears as I looked down to my feet.

I held back tears of my own as I quietly walked over to Mikey making him flinch as he looked up to see my face. I pulled him in for a hug, since he was the same height as me sitting down even I was able to wrap my arms around his shoulders.

I rubbed his head as I tried to think of something to say, but I couldn't. I couldn't defend Leo on this one. As much as I wanted things to work out... I don't think this would be solved with just words this time.

I pulled away from the hug as I whispered something. "There should be a orange crush in my bag. First large pocket, it's yours." I smiled.

Mikey smiled sadly at me as I saw his smile fall as quick as it came. "Maybe later." He said.

"Okay." I said as I rubbed the top of his head before walking towards Donnie. 

He sighed as he saw my reflection in the window as he slowly turned to me.

He shook his head as he looked down to his hands. I looked down to his watch as he tried to cover it with his hand. He doesn't like feeling vulnerable during his headaches or backaches.

I slowly pulled his hand away as he closed his eyes as a single tear rolled down his cheek.

I looked at the screen which read his vitals, his temperature was high as he had a headache as well, his heart rate was racing.

I wiped the tear away from his face as I pulled my hands away before he grabbed my wrists. "You're still injured." Donnie sighed.

I pulled up his glasses as he kept his eyes closed before I shifted my hands and gently hovered my hands close to his temples before seeing him cool down. I gently placed my thumb to his temple and gave it some gentle circles as I saw his scrunched up face relax making me see exactly how tired he was.

I looked down to his watch to see his headache was still there but was fading.

I continued for a solid two minutes as I kept a monitor on his vitals through his watch. His heartrate had slowed down. "Go have a nap while you are relaxed D." I smiled as I placed his glasses onto his face once again.

He got up slowly as he walked over to where I was resting as he went to lay down. I walked over to Raph as he looked out the window with a sigh.

I walked up to him making him shift away and start fixing his stance. I could tell he was crying with the way he was hiding his face.