Child Borrower Reader x Donnie 2016 (P5)

Reader's POV

The turtles we talking quietly today, ever since I got back home they have been pretty quiet while talking about their missions.

Even Mikey, I told him how much of the poptart I ate and he didn't seem nearly as excited as he usually would be.

This is why, when Donnie is "going to bed" I'll sneak behind on of the gadgets behind his shell and be as quiet as possible.

Everyone had already finished eating pizza and headed to their rooms. I was busy positioning my pillows to look like me, suddenly most of the lights in the lair turned off.

I smiled as my plan was working out so far. I was now packing my bag of a lantern and of a couple snacks and hooks to help me out thru the trip.

I turned off my light as I quietly opened my door and gently closed it.

I stayed close to the other end of my door where its dark and nobody is able to see me. I waited there until I saw Mikey come out of his room and faced Donnie's room and signaled a thumbs up.

My eyebrows furrowed. What are they hiding from me on these missions? Donnie then walked by as he glanced up to my room, not noticing me.  As he turned around to walk towards his brothers I gently jumped onto his shell and made myself snug between his gadgets as I placed a same shade of brown cloth over myself.

I could feel Donnie turning back to look back once again. "Come on Don." Leo whisper shouted. "Shh she will hear you." Raph hushed Leo, I could feel Leo's eye roll without even having to look at him.

I could feel the steady thumping of their running footsteps as they made their way out of the sewers.

I smiled as my plan now in motion, I haven't been seen, haven't made a sound. I wrapped my rope around an end of the hook before I made a small safety net like wall above and behind me.

All I know is Donnie was making his way up. There was a few flips involved as I felt myself shift slightly.

Don't panic, nothing will be his fault. It will be mine. He didn't and doesn't know I am here.

No panicking is allowed.

I calmed myself down as I looked behind us to see a large part of the city. I looked down....

I never should have looked down, I could feel silent tears falling down my face...

I am so scared....

We are so high up!

"Alright everyone. Turtle formation." I think Leo said.

Suddenly everyone was flipping and jumping as all of a sudden there were groans close by as me and Donnie came to a sudden stop.

"Oof..." Donnie grunted as there was another thump but this time Leo hit us as he almost fell of the tower.

Donnie shifted as he grabbed Leo's hand as they held on. "What was that?" He asked.

"I said turtle formation." They all started getting upset with mikey.

"Turtle formation? I thought you said Squirrel formation." Mikey said.

"Squirrel formati- What's squirrel formation!?" Raph shouted.

Before it continued further everyone was already back to jumping.

Suddenly there was glass that I could see my reflection to. Donnie had his hands behind his head with a big smile on his face.

I smiled...