Part 15 Borrower Reader x Donnie

Reader's POV

I was walking around town with dad as he of course had his watch on.

We ended up in a library, there was five floor filled with nothing but books and chill areas.

I followed dad to the fantasy section as I looked around as dad came to a stop, I looked up at him. "So, stay in this area and pick out a book... I'll be back in ten minutes, I'm going to set up our library cards." Dad instructed, I nodded.

I watched as dad left my side, I could tell he was nervous as he was fiddling with his fingers, something I do as well when I'm nervous.

I turned my attention towards the books aligned along the shelves, I scanned thru each shelf as I slowly walked towards the end of the isle, I turned around as nothing really caught my eye..

I went down on the other side as I saw a bright shiny red cover with bubbled yellow letters, I read the title. "The Borrowers."

My eyes widened as I felt tears start to sting my eyes. I hesitantly reached for the book as I pulled out the book to see a bunch of tiny people next to what looked like a human lawyer.

They seemed drawn with the same clothes I use to have...

I blinked away the tears as I looked for a comfy chair to sit down in.

I quickly flipped thru the pages of the book as I saw many shocked looking faces, including angry human faces and saddened borrower faces.

I flipped thru the book to the front as I started to read it...

Fifteen minutes later...

I blinked away the tears as I remembered the hardships I had to go thru to survive, how I had to find a new home...

I am a borrower....I was one...

I heard footsteps as I looked up to see dad with a saddened but shocked face as he saw the cover of the book.

I couldn't hold the tears back anymore as they flowed silently down my face as I stared up at dad as dad gave me a hug.

I wiped my face as I closed the book, I looked around briefly before picking two more books out before we made our way towards the til lady.

"Oh, is this the lovely daughter." She smiled a comfortable smile as her wrinkled eyes closed from her smile.

I smiled a small smile back as I placed the books on the counter.

She scanned them which made a weird beep sound as she then handed them back to me. "Have a nice day young lady." She said.

"I'll try." I smiled as I waved goodbye to her as we made our way home.

At the lair...

I placed the books on my desk table as I grabbed the book that obviously meant the most to me at the moment.

I started to pull out the small music player dad had made for me as I plugged my headphones in and let the music blast thru my ears... I don't want to talk to anyone until I finish this story...

Donnie's POV

I sighed as she walked straight to her room, I took a seat at the table as I took off my watch, the small flash alerting my brothers as they poked their heads into the kitchen area.

"What's up bro?" Mikey asked.

I looked up at him as Raph crossed his arms at the fact I wasn't talking much, they took the two seats next to me.