The Ceremony (Donnie)

Reader's Point Of View...

I woke to the sound of typing, I smiled. Donnie was up once again working on things. "D, come to bed." I yawned. "I have to finish this last thing here-" He started before I grabbed onto his arm.

"Come on Donnie, I'm not going to stay up with you all night this time. Besides I can see how tired you are." I said as he sighed and took off his glasses.

"I know..." He admitted. "I'm not going anywhere soon D." I smiled as I pulled up the blanket inviting him into bed as he reluctantly climbed into bed. Donnie was worried while I was undercover, so much so he had nightmares last night after saving the whole world.

"Remember I am right next to you." I smiled as I held his hand. "Y-You said that.." Donnie sighed. 

I was confused. "In your dream?" I asked as I grabbed his hand. "Yes... It just felt so real.." He said as he looked to me. "We can't lose you... I can't lose you." He said. 

I felt my heart ache for him, the terror he must have felt in his dream must have been really bad if he was still shaken up about it. "Hey, it was just a dream... I am right here. And I will be here when you wake up. I'll be next to you tomorrow, I will always be next to you." I smiled. 

He smiled sadly as he ran his fingers through my hair. "I'm real." I said. As he closed his eyes while I laid there quietly as I waited for is soft snores.

It didn't take him long to actually fall asleep as I closed my eyes and went back to sleep as well.

I awoke to the sound of mumbling as I rubbed my eyes, it was Donnie and it looked like... He was crying.

I slowly moved myself up a bit as I held his face in my hands as I gently wiped his tears away and rubbed the back of his neck. It seemed to help him a small bit as his tears stopped falling, but he kept mumbling and I couldn't really make anything out.

I sat there quietly and tried to wait for his mumbling to stop, after another five minutes he seemed to be better. I gave him a small kiss on the head before gently pulling him into a hug as I felt myself slowly fall back asleep.

"For your incredible valor within this community, and for your uncompromising cooperation with this agency. I present to you, the keys... To the city." Rebecca announced to us and all the other agents that were in on making it possible to aid us.

I smiled as Donnie and I held a key of our own, which all of us had hung around our necks. "A symbol of our appreciation, respect, and for our continued partnership. To you, bothers... And cousin. Y/n L/n, Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo..." Rebecca said before pausing.

"Last name?" She whispered making us turn to her. "Uh... Not so much." Donnie admitted. "I never thought of that, that's no fair..." Mikey sighed making us smile. "We can come up with one later." I whispered to him as he gave me a smile and thumbs up.

I looked back out to the small crowd of people to see April and Casey smiling up at us with huge smiles on their faces. I smiled back at her as she started taking pictures of us.

"Congratulations." Rebecca said with a smile as I looked up at the boys as they all had smiles plastered on their faces as everyone started clapping.

I looked to everyone as there were mixed faces, but none of them seemed to be scared. But most of the people that were smiling as they looked to us with gratitude.

I could also see Vern trying to impress the two ladies on either side of him making me roll my eyes.

But next to the lady was April and Vern talking and smiling together as I watched April ask him out.