Donnie x Reader Chapter 19

Reader's Point Of View

There are four hours left until the invasion should start.

Everyone is on high alert and things are in motion, we have located the area where Dr. Stockman has been hiding. Uncle Raph and Uncle Leo are on their way as we speak, turns out they actually were hiding in an old underground shelter, we found them by Dad hacking into the satellites and pin pointing their dish.

That took a whole three hours itself to do so. Me, Dad and Uncle Mikey are ready for the possible call for backup, Grandpa is going to investigate the old Sacks tower just in case they cast the portal there.

Uncle Casey and Auntie April are already notifying the police and heading towards to one of the many bases we had set up thru out the city.

We were standing at an edge of a building waiting for the radio to go off, silence filled the city. It was actually peaceful, but it was creepy for the fact that this is NYC we are at right now. The once busy streets now filled with fear and abandonment.

"Uh...Don? They aren't here." I heard Uncle Raph's voice over the radio. I looked up to Dad. "They must be at Sacks's old tower." Dad said.

"But that is where Grandpa is." I said.

There was a slight pause.

"It was a distraction, everyone towards Sack's old tower now!" Dad radioed in as everyone replied with a "Roger!" We all started hoping buildings as we headed towards the old tower. 

"They seriously would go back to the same place as before!? I'm so stupid for this." Dad growled.

"They had us all fooled, when you think about it... They never expected us to go back to the tower first, that's why they did it. To throw us for a loop, set their previous hideout as a distraction so they could get the head start. You aren't stupid, use your brain; which way is faster towards Sacks's tower." I growled. 

There was a short pause as I looked to Uncle Mikey. His face seemed a bit blank at the moment, staring straight ahead.

"Left in two blocks." Dad instructed. I smiled to him.

We hopped down and up a few buildings as we came to the corner of the next turn.

We turned as we saw Uncle Leo and Uncle Raph a street ahead of us. I tried running faster to catch up with them, the faster that we make it there, the better.

I looked at a watch that Dad made to show live footage of the holiday, people that had stayed in the city were gathering and shopping around in town square.

The news feed was being broadcast and as I can see, all the world is watching. I sighed, things might get difficult for us if people are using their phones for live streaming.

We ended up catching up to Uncle Leo and Raph, as we all started to hurry on towards the Sacks's tower.

We came to a stop on top of a apartment building.

"We need to use the grapples to get across to Sacks tower." Dad said. I looked down towards the street.

Oh boy...

"That's a long way down." I gasped. Uncle Raph patted my shoulder as I looked up at him.

"No regrets, no fear." He smiled at me, I nodded. "No regrets...No fear." I sighed.

Dad shot his hooks as he smashed a window in Sacks tower, making both his hook grasp the frame.

Everyone followed suit as I could feel my heart pounding against my chest. "No regrets, no fear." I repeated to myself.