Child Borrower Reader x Donnie 2016 (P4)

Reader's POV

There was a friend over, a friend of the turtles. I honestly was frightened of the fact someone new was here in the lair that I did not know.

I was hesitant about them coming over.

I stayed in my room as I looked out a small window to find this person the turtles spoke of. I believe they called her-
"April! What's up girl?" Mikey said cheerfully. "What's up Mikey?" April said.

I became more curious as I wanted to see what she was like and what she looked like. But I kept deciding against it.

I sighed as I pouted, no I am not going to see this April.

Am I nervous? This will be the first human I will have come to contact with since... I could be starting over... I can start over.

If the brothers trust her, I should too...

I started to feel more nervous as I wondered if I would make a bad impression.

"Y/n." Donnie called, I jumped slightly.

"Y-yeah?" I said.

"Do you want to meet April?" He asked as he approached my door. I opened it slightly as I was ducking down. "What are you doing?" He asked. "Hiding." I whispered. "Why?" He asked me.

I looked up at him as I didn't answer. I looked back down as I sighed. "I may.. Or may not be nervous." I said.

I looked up at him again to see a gentle smile on his face. I looked behind him as I looked at the girl named April, she had long black hair and a yellow jacket, she was pretty. She was laughing at one of Mikey's cheesy jokes as she was also talking with Leo. All of them seem to know each other well.

I looked back to Donnie as I realised that I should try to get to know her still...

"Come on, don't worry I will be there with you, as well as my brothers." Donnie said as he encouraged me. I felt some feeling of trust that had been coming up more and more recently.

I trust Donnie, he has done so much for me... He would never do anything to hurt me.

I stepped into his empty hand as I hid behind his thumb.

I could feel the nervousness growing as I wanted to cry.

I held onto my teddy as we got closer and closer to April. Donnie had now sat down at the table as I noticed April's attention towards Donnie. "So Donnie, who is this person you wanted to introduce to me?" She asked. "Are they on their way?" She continued.

"W-well, she is here." Donnie said as he opened his hand. "It's alright Y/n." Donnie said, I glanced towards Mikey as he held up two of his thumbs, which he said what is also known as either 'good luck.' Or 'things are fine.' 

I took a deep breath as I peeked over Donnie's thumb, she was busy looking up at Donnie with a confused face before I clutched my teddy tighter as I slowly walked off of Donnie's hand.

Her face suddenly became shocked as she slowly leaned closer to me, it was then I noticed how pretty her eyes were.

I walked up towards her more as she looked more calm, with a smile plastered onto her face. I placed my hand on her nose. "Boop." I said quietly.

"Awe, you're so so cute." She said as if a quiet squeak.

I smiled as she was talking about how small I was. "Thank you." I smiled at her. I looked back at Donnie as I smiled, he was smiling too.

"Who is taking care of her?" April asked. All the brothers including me turned to Donnie as I pointed. "Donnie is taking care of me." I smiled. I ran towards Donnie as I climbed back onto his hand.