Child Borrower Reader x Donnie 2016 (P3)

Reader's POV

It's been a couple days since Donnie had made me my little house, and everything was going great.

I was becoming a bigger part of the family, Mikey was reading comics with me every afternoon, Raph was being the older protective brother about me wanting to go outside. Me and Leo would discuss the best part of becoming a ninja and what steps to take during times before dinner. And I would spend mornings and nights with Donnie making new things for me like a brush for me to brush my hair, things started to become more productive in my life with the brothers.

I put my things away as I went down to go and hang out with Donnie, I actually brought a few papers and a pencil for me to draw while we talked about new inventions.

I plopped down. "Alright, what are you making?" I asked Donnie.

"Something that my friend needs to help with our new mission tomorrow." Donnie said as he turned to me.

"It's a portable watch that can download data from a curtain distance." Donnie smiled.

"That's cool....What's da-" 

"Don't ask that one." Raph said as he poked his head in.

"O-okay." I said. Raph then walked away.

"Why can't I go on a mission with your friend?" I asked Donnie. Donnie almost fell out of his seat as he dropped his screwdriver.

"Do you know how different the outside world is?" He asked me. I thought for a moment. "No." I said.

"Then that's a good reason to learn about it, what can happen, and for you to train before anything. So no, not yet... Maybe not for a while." Donnie sighed. He looked sad for me but I was alright with his answer, it was a good point.

I yawned as I suddenly realised that I was actually pretty tired today. "I'm going to go to bed Donnie." I said.

"Oh alright, goodnight see you in the morning." Donnie smiled at me.

I waved before I smiled back. "Goodnight." I said.

I walked towards the elevator that Donnie had made me as I pushed the little button next to the elevator that was a button that lit up a small screen in each of every room. The bright red letters of 'Goodnight' appeared.

"Goodnight Y/n!" Mikey said as he waved out of his room. "Goodnight Y/n." Raph called out as he was in the kitchen. "Goodnight Y/n." Came from the training dojo area.

"Goodnight Y/n." Master Splinter said as he walked by. I waved as I pushed the button to go up, I finally made it inside my little cozy home as I got into bed.

It took me a minute to get comfortable before I finally was able to settle into the bed comfortably. I sighed as I then yawned, closing my eyes as I drifted off to sleep.

"NO MARIANNE!!!" My father called out.

I watched as my mother was suddenly mopped up by a bean.

I couldn't believe mommy is gone.... "What will we do now daddy?" I asked daddy. I looked up to see he wasn't there I could hear the extremely loud whirring of a vacuum. I screamed as I ran and ran away as fast as I could.

The necklaces around my neck that once were heavy and weighing me down from the vacuum suddenly let me fly into the vacuum.

I was now sitting in front of my parents graves as the beans finished moving... I won't be able to live here anymore without food. I packed everything up and started to walk, walking for a good two minutes before I found a cover covered in squares. And a hole just big enough for me.

I jumped down to only appear back at the house the vacuum now following me around the street I had just walked. I screamed and ran for my life, I kept running but it kept getting closer, I was able to make a small distance before the mop came after me in the direction I was running to.

I stopped, I can't run. I can't hide, I don't have food... I have nothing!!! MOMMY! DADDDY! SAVE ME!!!

I jolted awake as I felt my face warm and my heart racing... Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry...

"wwwwWWAAAHH MOMMY DADDY!!" I sobbed. "M-m-mommy...D-daddy, I-I miss y-youhoooo." I wailed and hiccuped. I could hear crashing outside feeling my heart jump as I thought the beans were after me.

I cried louder as I heard rapid footsteps. "What!? What's wrong??" A voice called out. I could see light outside I got up as I tripped on the end of the blanket and hitting my face on the blanket that was draped just touching the ground.

"OOWEE!!" I cried as I cupped my face.

"What's going on!?" Another voice called out. "D-Donnie...R-Raphie." I cried as I got up and opened the door.

Raph was standing behind Donnie with a worried look on his face as he looked shaken from the sudden burst of adrenaline. Donnie was suddenly rushing back into his room to grab some things before he came back out.

"It's alright Y/n come here." Donnie said as he held out his hand. I step down onto his hand as I held onto his thumb. "It's alright Raph, I got this. I'm pretty sure it was a nightmare." Donnie said.

"Alright, let me know if she needs anything." Raph sighed before he rubbed his face with his hand before walking off.

"It's alright Y/n." Donnie said as he gently patted my head however he did it, I wasn't paying attention.

Donnie's POV

I look down at Y/n who I know is now running a fever, her face stained with tears as her face is also red.

"Let's go get you some water." I said. Y/n nodded as she was still hanging onto my thumb, I then made my way over to a small stash of tiny cups I had spent making the other day.

"Alright, you need to sit up now." I said. She reluctantly let go and sat in the palm of my hand as she drank some water, handing me the glass back after.

I then placed a cold cloth in her hands. "Now you need to wipe your face. Okay, we gotta clean all the tears off, and it will help keep your face cool." I explained a little as she did so. I walked back to my room as I remembered that chocolate is a good sedative to help people sleep, also is able to help while sick.

"Do you want some chocolate?" I asked. She hiccuped as she looked at me confused. "What is chocolate?" She asked me.

"Chocolate it is." I said as I tried to make her laugh. Which I got a small giggle from. "I have two you can pick from okay?" I said. She nodded as she sat patiently. "This one is Aero, and this one is called dairy milk." I said as I showed her the chocolate bars.

"Can I try the Aero?" She asked as she pointed to it. "Of course you can." I said. I gave her a small piece of chocolate as she started to eat it. "I-it's sooo yummy." She smiled. I smiled, she seemed to be in a slightly better mood.

She finished eating the chocolate and she yawned as she was already starting to get tired. "Do you want to tell me what happened in your nightmare?" I asked her. 

She nodded as she cleared her throat. "I saw what happened to mommy... A few days later I did with daddy too. The beans were cleaning up before they moved... Moping and vacuuming.. I-I'm scared of the vacuum more than the mop... But they trapped me, I had no home. I was not gonna make it without food so I went looking for a new home, it was like how I found this home. But when I got down, I was back at my old home... I-I miss mommy and daddy, I wish they were here." Y/n said sadly.

"I know you miss your parents Y/n, but I know that they would be very proud of you. That you are smart, brave and kind. That you are able to make friends, and how far you have come." I said as I patted her head. She smiled before she yawned again. "Thank you very much Donnie." She said as she hugged my thumb again.

"Now, it's time for you to go to bed, just relax, there is no rush to sleep." I said as she nodded. "This can also help you sleep." I said as I dropped a tiny stuffed bear in her arms. She gasped as she hugged it tightly as she smiled up at me. "Thank you again Donnie. Goodnight." She said as she climbed off my hand and walked back into her house. "Goodnight." I said as I then went to grab myself some water before heading back to bed.