Borrower Child Reader x Donnie 2016 (P2)

Reader's POV

I sat there as my legs swung over the end of Donnie's desk, I was starting to get tired. I watched as Donnie was writing up a storm and writing things onto his computer.

He was busy as a bumble bee, I yawned as I looked up at Donnie. 

He had stopped asking questions for a few minutes, I looked at the time on his computer as I counted to three.

"One... Two.....Three." I mumbled to myself.

"Do you mind answering a few more questions Y/n?" Don asked. "Shoot." I said with a smile.

"So how old are you, and your height in the borrower culture?" Donnie asked. I looked at him before I looked down with my hand on my chin. "I don't know really, is it different than any other year with humans? We age one year on our birthdays, which I am assuming is the same as you. I am eight years old, yes I am that smart for a eight year old but I have my moments. I am... I don't know height." I sighed.

Donnie smiled down at me and my confusion as he grabbed a tape measure to mark down my height.

"Three inches tall, so there is a possibility that you would rang from five to six inches, as if inches were feet in the smaller world of borrowers." Donnie said as he mumbled to himself.

"How long have you been living here?" He asked as he put his glasses back on after he finished with his goggles.

I felt my eyes start to become heavy as things started to feel slower. I yawned again as I closed my eyes slowly, felt everything become heavy.

I suddenly felt my head drop, I jerked my head up as I gasped slightly. Looking around frantically as I realised Donnie was still busy, now laying down as I watched Donnie work away on his inventions as he was slowly fading into darkness.

Donnie's POV

I continued to work on the notes and gadget ideas for Y/n as I looked down to realise she was sleeping.

I smiled before I had a nice idea to make her own little room where she would be able to take a small elevator down to come and socialize.

I grabbed a ladder because I needed to access the area above me to pull out some blocks and to also make her own room.

Already at the point of removing probably twenty blocks and neatly placing them in a stack before I started to wire some lights and electronics for her. I neatly made a small bed for her and a dresser, things started to become more put together as if a room.

I started to section off her bedroom with a few extra pieces of cloth as a makeshift door which wasn't much of a door.

But I soon started to make a small area for her to store her food and a mini freezer and fridge. Like a kitchen, I smiled at my work as her little house was finished, I then started to make a little flight of stairs so that she could go down a level to go to the elevator. 

Getting up and down would become a lot easier for her, I also made a small area with a rock climbing station. She also had mentioned that the borrower kind was always excellent at climbing.

I finished as I yawned, checking the time to see that I was now early in the morning. I looked back to Y/n as she was hugging my pencil. I smiled, I can't believe that a eight year old borrower was living in the lair making things by herself.

I frowned, she has been all by herself all these years... 

Hopefully she will feel more at home knowing that we are here for her, that I am there for her.