7. Fili | Dancing Away With My Heart II

Tumblr : the-butterfly-blues

Part Two Pairing: Fíli x Female Reader 

 Summary: New to town, her home isn't all that she was promised, but when an older woman appears at her door inviting her over for dinner, she becomes less worried about her home and more so with the golden-haired ranch handler. 

 Word Count: 2.7k

***

After Dís took her leave, [Name] focused on unloading the boxes from the back of her truck, placing them under the protection of the roof in case of any possible autumn showers, though the sky is still clear of clouds. Luckily, it didn't take as long as she thought it was going to, giving her time to head into town before having to get ready for dinner with that very kind older woman and her family. Making it into town, she parks in front of the general store which had ironically been named The General Store, though she didn't think much about it as there isn't another similar to it in the area, a hardware store and a bar the only other two main buildings around besides a simple gas station and an auto parts shop. After double-checking she has her wallet, she enters the shop, the bell ringing lightly upon opening the door. Considering that the counter sits right next to the entrance, she smiles politely at the sweet-looking young man behind it before continuing to look for a few items that will help her freshen up before the dinner. As she's looking at bathroom products -soap, toothpaste, shampoo, and the likes- someone roughly bumps into her, shoving her against the shelf.

"Hey!"

She shouts without thinking as the few things she was holding fall to the floor along with a couple of items from the shelf. Turning around, she spots two men, one with long golden hair and the other with shoulder-length dark brown, nearly black, hair, already kneeling to pick up her things while spewing apologies left and right.

"We're terribly sorry, miss. We didn't mean to bump into you."

With a small sigh, she smiles lightly as she had been used to being cursed at when bumped into, whether it was her fault or not. This is definitely a nice change of pace for her.

"It's okay. I'm sorry for shouting like that, it was just a quick reaction."

The golden-haired man stands, handing her the items she was originally holding while the other continues to place things back onto the shelf.

"No, no, you had all right to-"

Catching her eyes, Fíli goes silent and swallows harshly as he can't help but admire her beauty. He'd seen many women, but none quite as gorgeous as this. Her hair lays on her shoulders while her face and its expression look incredibly gentle. The way the sun shines through the window doesn't help as it seems to give her an ethereal glow that further leaves him speechless. His eyes flicker down as she softly bites her bottom lip, watching as she tries so hard to not giggle at his adorable star-stricken look, though he wished for nothing more than to hear her laugh.

"Ahem, uh, you had all right to get upset, miss. We should have been more careful." "I'm not hurt, so everything's alright. As much as I'd love to keep talking with you, I have to hurry home." "Oh, see you around then?" "Most definitely."

With one last smile in his direction, she heads to the counter, though his eyes don't stray far from her form until his brother elbows him lightly. Turning to him, he spots the confusion upon his curved brow and a slight frown.

"What was that all about?"

Kíli knows exactly what it had been about, but he had never seen his brother act that way around a woman. Even Fíli is slightly confused by his own actions as his usual charming demeanor faded to near-nothingness as he blatantly admired the woman that stood in front of him.