21. Thorin | Oliphant

Tumblr : blankdblank

..

Halfway through the celebration banquet in Erebor after BotFA you are in the middle of a drinking competition with Bilbo as Thorin speaks with Thranduil and Dain along the wall near the dessert table working out the details to the final touches on Dale's rebuilding plan.

A Dwarf approaches you staggering slightly from his fifth mug of ale and not so gently whacks his hand into your shoulder as you're downing your mug in place of a gentle stroke to your shoulder. You finish your mug unfazed, set it down and reach for another blindly as you glance up at him with a flash of a smile, "Master Gornn."

His head wobbled as he shot you a toothy grin, "I was wondering what it would take to land a fine Example of beardlessness such as yourself to," quietly groaning against his fingers through a belch, he raised to his lips as you motioned your hand in a wave to stop the Company from attacking the drunk Dwarf, he smirked at you again, "like I said, a fine beardless example of beauty for, well whichever race you happen to be, to bear a bairn of fine Dwarves Quality like myself?"

Your eyebrows rose and you quickly downed your mug before grabbing another, refusing to hold back the drunken statement fighting to burst free from you, raising it from its top with your finger aimed at him, "Well, honestly, I'm actually next in line for triplets in my family, and out of the fine selection of Dwarves before me, unfortunately, unless your name happens to also be Thorin Oakenshield The I would have to refuse your incredibly generous offer."

He nodded his head with another smirk, "Thank you kindly My Lady, truly a tragedy for the great number of us." Bowing his head and stumbled back to his table.

The rest of the Company sat there open mouthed as you and Bilbo downed your next drinks until Dwalin broke the silence, "Were you being serious just now?"

You glanced at him swallowing the last gulp from your mug as Bilbo set his empty mug down across from you then eyed the dessert table longingly, "Hmm," waving your hand in a dismissive manner, "Him caring two dogs about me past our contract is just about as likely as him commissioning a portrait of an Oliphant in his study in a massive armchair and a three piece suit with a mustache, top hat and a bubble pipe while Thorin plays the harp for him."

Fili, "That's oddly specific."

Kili, "what's a bubble pipe?" You smirk at him.

"It's a pipe that when you blow into it, bubbles come out." They all nod and you turn to Bilbo again, "How about we go get ourselves some more food Master Burglar?"

He nods and you both manage to get there and back as Ori writes down the details.

..

Thorin, "She offered me three children?"

Dwalin And Dis nod and his smile grows, grateful you actually returned his feelings, apparently both of your not so obvious affection for each other was well hidden after all.

..

The next morning you wake to Thorin knocking at your door with a large smile, he kisses you on the knuckles after taking your hand, "I accept you proposal." Before walking off to his meeting.

"What the hell did I say last night?"

Your first month anniversary gift came on the form of a large portrait that brought out a loud burst of laughter as your words came flooding back to you.

.

A few days after your anniversary Thranduil and Bard visit for a meeting and pause inspecting the new portrait with confused expressions.

Bard, "I know Kings have their portraits commissioned, but this..."

Thranduil, "It's, interesting to say the least."

Thorin quietly joins them, "My intended gave oddly specific details on a way to prove my affections were truly for her hand." They both smirk at him and his smile grows, "It's a tad strange of a confirmation gift, but it makes her smile."

Their smiles grow and both with you both happiness before taking another glance at it and chuckle.

..

For each anniversary after he would gift you another smaller portrait of an oliphant to add to your growing collection, while the three sets of triplets you gave him never ceased to ask for the explanation for the portrait again, so thrilled their Father would choose such a special way to prove his ever growing love for you.