37. Thranduil | Indifference II

Tumblr : blankdblank

...

Hours ticked by as the curious twitch in the Elf King's brow continued. His eyes locked on the far wall of his bedchamber where he was currently locked inside. With the battle fully ended months back he found himself bedridden at the order of the same Elleth he had gained this injury in the defense of. The final set of spider nests in the forest were to be cleared, a task he specifically ordered to be kept from you. But with his trip to request your company for a small lunch he had prepared earlier for a picnic with you he discovered you had tagged along urging his race to dress for battle and race on the back of his Elk after you.

Since the day you'd met he couldn't help but mingle his day with yours as often as he could manage in his busy schedule, a fact not missed by the Dwarves or his own kin placing you with an apartment next to his to ensure your station as a council member for both his and Thorin's aid was well established. Though even without the title or job he would have ensured you were fully cared for, unable to allow any harm or even exhaustion weigh on you at all, catering to you completely even when he didn't realize that was his reasoning for doting on you.

Halfway between blocking you from an attack and trying to catch himself from his less than graceful fall from the branch the beast had snapped from under you his leg had been badly fractured in an attempt to cushion your fall and the now scowling King was fully at your mercy after you led the group back to the castle and nearly had to tie him down to his bed to ensure his healing.

For a few measly hours he would skim over the papers you would split up for his viewing between your enforced naps and meals against his arguments before your nightly checklist he would pass onto you and his Son to ensure everything was well taken care of in his absence. Something he knew he wouldn't have to worry about as his people had already taken to you and could clearly fend for themselves for a couple weeks, but your absence stabbed at him, and he greatly wished to order you to remain at his side for the rest of his enforced bed rest he would surely expand simply to keep you at his side. But here he sat, counting down the minutes until you would enter again with his final meal and the list for the following day.

Finally the door opened and he settled back, flattening his pillow to rest his head back to stare up at the ceiling once again while his fingers crossed over his chest tapping his fingers to the sound of your footsteps across the floor.

"You can stop pretending you haven't been staring at the door Your Majesty."

His head raised up causing his loose braid to shift once again as he held a stunned expression, "I was doing nothing of the sort. Trying to name all the forms of trees in the forest without consulting my notes." His head dropped back again onto his pillow as you set the tray of food onto the bedside table with a soft scoff.

"Oh yes, and my Naneth's third Cousin is an Elk named Shirley." His head turned to face you as you curled your leg to sit at his side, signaling his time to sit up and shift onto the large pile of pillows you formed behind him as Legolas settled more under his heavily wrapped leg and its metal brace under his thick fur.

Exhaling slowly he eyed your face as you settled the tray onto his lap as he thanked you while you stood to fetch him a napkin from his own kitchen. Turning his eyes to the smirking prince at his side he raised his brow once again to ask, "Something humorous Little Leaf?"

Legolas chuckled passing him the stack of notes he had asked for, along with his latest list the King looked over through his Son's report on the meeting from that day. "Simply pleased you're following the rules."

In a low exhale he replied, "Mhmm." Skimming his eyes over the papers, missing his Son's smirk growing at your return to the King's side adding the napkin across his lap under the notes through the King's furrowed brow reading softly to himself the last few items on the list his Son had made.

"Put together another picnic.

Find patch of wildflowers."

His eyes rose to watch your departure to grab another set of toast toad to his plate.

"Pick said wildflowers.

Braid wildflowers into y/n's hair..." He glanced up at Legolas who smiled at him before he sighed and continued reading.

"Look deep into y/n's eyes and say," continuing his reading as you joined his side once again adding the toast to his tray, "Would you allow me your hand in marriage, y/n." Before his eyes could rise to meet his Son's they darted to you at the soft clink of the plate on his tray.

In a cheerful response you answered, "Of course." Leaning in before he could even blink to kiss his cheek and smile at him before adding, "Now eat your food." Claiming the notes from him before you mumbled, "I got you, some fresh jam, where.." Turing in a small half circle you rose to your feet and headed for the kitchen as the King's eyes met his Son's.

"Little Leaf.."

Legolas chuckled taking a step back as his Father shifted his hands to the tray to move it aside before his chase after the chuckling Prince only to freeze with a near growling exhale at your calling out, "No! You stay in bed! Eat!"

Through a thinly veiled glare at Legolas' beaming smile Thranduil mumbled, "As soon as I get out of this brace-."

You cut him off adding a thin layer of the jam to his toast and said, "You will be party planning." Causing his head to turn to you with a slightly stunned expression only holding in place at your quick peck on his lips then held the toast close to his barely parted lips, "Picked the berries myself." After a glance at the toast he claimed a small bite while Legolas slipped out holding in his elated chuckles at his successful plan while you said, "Like it?"

As he chewed he nodded, holding a smile at the fresh mixture on the perfectly crispy bread now held between is fingers, "Delicious, thank you." Through the meal you discussed the tasks for the following day as well as shared all about yours, but when the plate and glass was empty he moved his tray to the bedside table before you could claim it. In a single motion his hands circled around your legs and back pulling you to his side, moving one of his hands to cup your cheek for a quickly deepening kiss you melted against one another through it.

After regaining your breath you said, "This won't make me let you out of bed."

In a breathy chuckling whisper he stroked his nose against yours replying, "I have no intention of leaving this bed until I am healed." Tightening his grip around your middle he pulled you back against his chest as he added just barely above a purr, "Or letting you out of my sight until then, My Love." Planting his lips on yours for another kiss while moving the fur over his lap to cover yours as well, settling you at his side.