29. Thranduil | Unending Tease (Modern)

Tumblr : blankdblank

I dreamed this the other night, had to get it down.

Yet another shift at the 24 hr supermarket you worked in. You headed through the sales floor and back to the backroom. Gripping the bag strap over your shoulder as you turned the corner, heading through the door, noticing Thranduil, your best friend and unrequited Prince Charming. His head was slumped onto his hands that were folded and on the table in front of him, his face showing his sunken mood. Once again he had forgotten to buy food the night before, having no food at home to eat for breakfast.

His brown hair fell back into its normal place as he raised his head spotting you walk in, raising his thick brown eyebrows as he shot you a small smile. You stepped over behind him and set down a small brown bag of food in front of him, he quickly opened it and let out a small gasp, looked back up at you saying, "I love you." You let out aa small chuckle as you rested your arms on his shoulders giving him a quick peck on the cheek before whispering "Unending tease." stepping around him and the table sliding your fingers over the back of his shoulders and headed through the door to clock In early and get started.

...

He paused as your lips touched his cheek, fighting a blush forming on his cheeks then the shiver that wanted to run through him as your fingers slid over his shoulders. He quickly ate the breakfast you had made him and placed the bag inside your bag, rushing out to clock in and go find you. He had been head over heels for you since you were children, he'd dreamt for years of you kissing him, he knew he had to ask you out quickly before you somehow found yourself on yet another date. For years he had watched you getting asked out left and right, each time was less bearable than the last. The only reason he had ever taken this job was to be near you. For the night shift it was only you two and three others to stock the store, with the manager as the lone cashier.

...

He found you working through a giant pallet of cans, quickly jumping in to help you. Spending the rest of the night near you, brushing his hands against yours sliding his hand across your upper back as you both headed for lunch in the break room.

He was halfway through the lunch you had made for the two of you as your words snapped back through his mind, "What did you mean before?"

"Hmm?"

"You said unending tease."

You let out a small chuckle, continuing without looking up at him "You've flirted with me for years, and I know for a fact that you don't want to be anything more than friends."

His eyes shot up at you as you put your things away heading back to clock in again, he quickly cleaned up and followed after you, "And what exactly gave you that idea?"

"You did."

He gently grabbed your shoulder stopping you to get you to look at him, trying his best not to yell as his heart pounded furiously, "When?"

You took in a shaky breath as you glanced over his face seeing the pleading look In his eyes as his breathing started to slow again, "Back in school Dwalin asked you if you'd ever date me, you told him 'That would never happen.' I heard you." His heart dropped as he noticed the tears filling your eyes as you pulled away from him.

He quickly followed you, stopping you again, "That's not what I meant. You were just asked out by that Theoden guy."

"We never even dated though, he went for Talia the same day."

"Yes, but I was going to ask you to the dance but there were so many guys asking me about you, Including the Quarterback."

"You mean the one who was sleeping with Mr Tannen from the deli on his lunch breaks."

"I didn't know that at the time. Why would you pick me. They all were the better choice."

"And who did I end up spending the night of the dance with anyway?"

"Me."

"Since I had all of those amazing choices, why would you think that I would spend the night with you, if I didn't want to be with you. Every time I got asked out I said no, because they weren't you. Then you say that."

"That wasn't what I meant. I never thought you'd pick me. I've been crazy for you since we were kids." He put his hands on your shoulders leaning down to look you in the eyes, "That's not what I meant when I said that."

You wiped away the tear that fell as you spotted Thorin pop out from around the corner, "Hey we got a customer asking for that yellow gatorade, but not the lemon one."

He dropped his hands, "We don't have another yellow flavor."

Thorin threw up his hands, "That's what I said. She won't stop yelling."

You both grumbled and headed out to diffuse the situation, which ended with her shouting and knocking over a large display of canned corn and green beans in the shape of a large ship for the upcoming Thanksgiving rush, triggering the manager to detain her and call the cops to take her away. Her destruction of property charge was upped to felony assault when she slammed one of the cops in the face with one of the cans she had knocked over. Leaving you both no time to continue your conversation.

Both of you rubbed your shoulders and backs from restocking the cans, as your shift ended you headed to your car to stop at your apartment for breakfast. He slid through the door behind you setting down your bag that he insisted on carrying. You pulled your breakfast out of the slow cooker as he set the table, both eating several helpings silently as you watched the report on the news about your store. You set your dishes into the sink to soak before you went into your living room/bedroom and dropped onto your back across your bed.

He quietly followed and glanced over at you before turning onto his side and wrapping his arms around you whispering, "Will you go out with me?" making you giggle and reply, "Yes." He lets out a chuckle and props himself on his elbow as you look at him, he smiles at you, running his hand over your cheek and kisses you. You lean into it and wrap your arm around his back. Both ignoring the door open and hearing your roommate and cousin Eomer coming in from his 48 hr shift at the firehouse, waving his hand as he mumbled, "Bunny, Dewey." walking into his room, shutting the door behind him, and heavily dropping onto his bed and quickly snoring after, leaving the two of you kissing for a short time until Eowyn came in out of the other bedroom and dropped down onto your bed leaning against Thranduil's back as he laid across you, turning on the tv and eating a chip from the bag she was holding.

You both started chuckling as your kiss broke and he glanced up at her as she said, "It's about time you two got together. Did that lady really break that cops nose?" pointing a chip up at the tv news story.

Thranduil grabbed your pillows and propped them behind Eowyn's back as he pulled you into his lap as he sat next to Eowyn with his arms around you kissing your cheek again as you filled your cousin in on what happened as you reached into her chip bag, eating some and feeding him a few over your shoulder.