11. Thorin | Tick Tock (Modern) I

Tumblr : blankdblank

Tale Teller Prompt Wk 1 - The answer was written in her eyes.

Warning – Um, mention of stalking ex.

Modern Thorin x my OC - Teacher x Clock Maker/Seamstress Au

...

Among the top five most enviable traits about Hobbits listed for centuries now, one thing most certainly not on it would be spontaneous pregnancies. For as hard as you had worked to do things the right way 'boom, baby' dropped you to your knees. What you had was a lovely job, cozy little flat and a man head over heels for you able to make women foam at the mouth. Though one problem, you had only been on two dates, and when his sister had spotted you eyeing baby clothes and changing tables for the best deal all hell broke loose when he finally returned from his business trip he made sure to let you know exactly how 'done' he was with you.

Only, he wasn't, for a year you carried your little girl and it was the most stressful time of your life. Moving three times and still he would be there, having transferred himself to make certain that everyone in your life knew just what supposed treachery you had enacted upon him. At your whit's end you found an old number and made a desperate call.

Two weeks aboard a lavish cross ocean ship with a ticket and packed truck of your belongings all sent under your Dwarven name gifted to you at birth by your grandfather, to whom you were fleeing, and an hour long drive from the docks in a hired car you eyed the lush green of Erebor around you. From Helcrax to here it was quite a terrifying shift, though since a few trips from when you were a child you wondered why your mother had fled these lands for something supposedly finer.

.

Just a few months shy of two years old your little girl Kiore slept soundly in her carrier with her black curls matching yours pushed into her face with her lilac eyes matching yours clamped shut through the drool bubbles escaping the crease of her mouth you kept wiping away. Dropping lower your eyes fell to her fox coated blanket over her you fixed to cover her at the chill from the ac countering the rising heat outside in the early spring day. The full drive you tried to remember all you could for this isolated haven. All you could remember to fault it was the surplus of clocks. True you came from a long line of clock makers but it was the full town just riddled with ticking.

Small towns, true they had their quirks, but what you hoped to be true was the amount of support and protection you had been promised. Through the bustling main street packed with shops and curious Dwarves all watching the car drive by wondering who had come to town. Thanks to the tinted windows they were unable to however, at least until the car stopped outside a tall shop with stained class windows and winding clock arms on a gorgeous clock face above the door surrounded by tall arched windows on the thick stone building in a bright peach color under the sunlight. A trio of parking spots outside, one with a familiar truck and a powder blue coupe, the third spot was filled and you could feel the whole street come to a stop watching as your Grandfather exited his shop with a wide grin.

Carefully you unstrapped yourself, the carrier and slid your way out of the back seat through the door you eased open. Warmly in a one armed hug you were folded into the burly Dwarf's arms at his low rumble of, "There you are little bear."

Weakly grinning up at him you asked, "I'm not interrupting anything?"

He shook his head grinning as he eased his hand over his mustache and trimmed beard in deep black with flashes of silver mixed throughout, "Never!" Chuckling to himself he led you to the open trunk where he shouldered your bags while you shouldered the diaper bag still on the seat and quietly closed the door as your grandfather did the same with the trunk. His grin doubling as he neared you peering in at Kiore, "Still sleeping?"