18. Thranduil | Empty (Superhero AU) III

Tumblr : blankdblank

...

Alone in your home you fixed yourself dinner and laid back staring up at the ceiling until your eyes closed freeing you to sleep finally when your mind stopped racing about how you had landed in this position before it swung over into whether the King knew about his Son's abilities. Tossed back and forth in your dreams you were painfully thrown into the realization of the young boy being in danger if anyone found out, only bringing his Mother into your mind and the attack that took her life. When your eyes opened again you groaned knowing you'd most likely find yourself locked up for bonding with this young boy, but fully hating yourself if you didn't.

A groan left you in your rise to your feet to change for work. Down the steps you trotted then froze at the small floating robots in the shapes of raccoons flying off with the newspapers, taking them out to one of the back rooms. Under your breath you mumbled, "I don't even want to know," shaking your head and continued on to the kitchen to make your breakfast before zapping yourself out to that same abandoned alley you passed through to stand at the bus stop winding your hair up into a bun accepting the smiling nods from the Dwarves and Hobbits passing you.

Through the main gate of the Museum you passed and headed for the break room you mimed leaving your phone in your locker, only to zap it back home again, just leaving your lunch bag and turning to walk through to set up your station. The doors were opened and slowly the crowds milled through leaving you focusing on the few children taking advantage of your attention in the empty exhibit until more and more poured in joining in on the awe inspiring contraptions and experiments you led them through.

...

Lasting until lunch you aided the Children through the various tasks and experiments. Through the back set of halls you walked and slid past a stuck mail cart to enter the staff break room where you made your way to your locker and zapped your phone back into it at the tug in your chest telling you was something wrong. Just in time it appeared in your palm as you received a call from your Daughter. Raising the phone to your ear you asked, "El? Everything alright?"

Through the line you heard the rustling of fabrics and shifting of buttons under your Daughter's asking, "Amad, you haven't forgotten? Tonight?"

With a grin you replied, "At seven, I have not forgotten, I even found the perfect jacket for Turo and a hat for Reg, did your Gran finish your dress?"

Her voice raised cheerfully knowing you were still coming, "Yes. She mentioned you got a house?"

"Yes, my Grandfather left it to me. I got it all cleaned up, there's plenty of room for us all. Haven't had the warming party yet, only been there a couple days, but when I do you will all be there, full clan will be there."

She gave a giddy giggle, "Do any rooms have those window seats?"

You smiled, "Yes, and it even has a small room for Tea's dark room for when you stay out there, and there's a pool, haven't scrubbed and filled it yet but by then it should be ready for Reg and Turo's laps."

A voice called her name and she squeaked again saying, "I have to go, Amad, but I will see you at seven!"

"See you then sweetheart."

You hung up and zapped your phone home again and grabbed your lunch then walked to the tables to eat while your mind wandered back to twelve years back, at your drunken one night stand with Princes Thorin and Dwalin in your first few months in Erebor celebrating from a successful ending to a brush fire. A few too many found you waking up tangled between the pair. Where you might have felt uncomfortable normally it was all the more shocking at the common knowledge that Thorin had been quite obnoxiously flirting with the Hobbit handling the call line for the tow yard across the street on every chance he got while Dwalin had been in a notorious on again off again relationship with one of the paramedics called often to your fires.