33. Thorin | Bunny (Modern)

Tumblr : blankdblank

Warnings - Fluff, terrible date with a jerk and his jerk friends, attempts at humors (I.e. infamously bad puns/pickup line), smut at the end with more fluff after.

***

This a silly one. Modern Thorin has been wanting to be more than Jaqi's co-worker/boss practically since the beginning, but has been afraid of crossing the line, and losing her completely. He's on the phone with Dwalin, discussing a way to cover the birthmark between his hip bone, and groin. He's wondering if he should get a tattoo to cover it up, because the women he has been with have all laughed when they saw it, leaving him with little confidence He's embarrassed at the ridiculous bunny by his manhood. You know the rest, and what it signifies. Hot and steamy, followed by cuddling?

Khurdu - Ancient Dwarvish Language (Made up the name)

Khuzdul - in plain font , words that couldn't be translated were bolded

Swatting your hand through the air you wafted the small dirt cloud your boxes had tracked in from the moving van. The house was large enough, with four older Brothers, two Fathers and a Nephew along with yourself to be moving into it the space seemed to shrink though vastly with each box added. Aching throughout your final retirement game from the Tol Sirion Pro Baseball team the Dragons went off smoothly ending your perfect final no hitter season with yet another championship ring to add to your collection. Barely at 25 you'd already had one career and had to face the challenge of starting all over again, though this time in a new land across the Blue Mountains all the way to Erebor where you'd found yourself a place among the top sports agency.

Well, your Cousin did, Tara, who has her own forge at home works alone under her own management forming unique jewelry, all with such a quality leaving her more than capable of maintaining her own independent status. She heard from one of her customers that her Cousin was in need of an assistant and of course your name was the first one suggested, with your vast knowledge of sports and the business necessary to manage the players, having been one yourself.

So by sunrise you were on the bus for the brief trip over to Erebor Sports incorporated. Pulled snuggly into your form fitting teal knee length dress under a lace vest over your tall nude heels as your hair was pulled back into a long braided ponytail with the unruly strips around your face tucked behind your ears. Gripping your purse, now covered with your leather jacket laying over the middle of it under your arm when you were called back. Passing the tall well dressed raven haired muscular man looking you over as you passed him entering the office that the elderly man inside sealed off behind you then claimed his seat.

Your purple eyes locked with his piercing blue friendly gaze through your soft smile, "Miss Pear- I'm sorry I can't pronounce your name."

Your smile flicked larger, "Just Pear is fine, even in Khurdu others have trouble making it out. It's a half Hobbitish jumble, Pearisiyiae."

His smile deepened, "You speak Khurdu?"

You nodded, "Just moved from Tol Sirion just West of the, I believe your kin refer to them as the Mountains of Terror."

His brow raised, "Really now? You must miss it terribly."

You forced your smile to remain, "My family moved with me."

"You're married then?" His eyes scanned over your Raven curls only spotting your clans' beads.

"No, just my Parents, Brothers and Nephew."

A glimmer ran through his eyes at your admission before continuing with the interview, where it was confirmed that you were new to the idea of being someone's assistant but you knew the world inside and out. With not just your background but that of your Father's and Brothers all continuing the family tradition of ball playing. His only condition was that you started the next day and wouldn't be too hard on his Grandson, who you'd be working for, at least directly, as he'd inherited the Durin temperament.