17. Thranduil | Empty (Superhero AU) II

Tumblr : blankdblank

 ...

Again and again you read the note naming that you were the latest of the Feanoreans to bear their crest coated armor, though the first since the ban, and the first female to do so. The vague note barely answering anything at all but a single tap of your finger on the metal suit made it morph its way around your body making your brows drop as you mumbled, "Of course." A glance at the now mirror back to the space formerly holding your suit was exposed making you gasp at your fully coated figure in the surprisingly comfortable suit. A light from behind you made you turn and nearly jump into the suit case as Feanor, or rather a recording of him appeared in the center of the room surrounded by the seven men, one including the one you recognized as Maglor. The seven repeating the oath Feanor gave before it flickered out shifting to Maglor and a young girl you had seen growing up in the mirror, only having a small mole above her right eyebrow.

Slowly you sat down on the built in platform for your suit watching the clip of your Mother's childhood playtime as Maglor recited an oath of his own to always protect her. The clip mentioned his naming her after his Grandmother, whom he'd never met, Miriel, one whom your middle name had come from, and his promise to always keep her safe until it cut off revealing Maglor again with you in his arms this time.

"Jaqiearae,

for all my strengths, I have failed. To all I've given my word to defend, I have lost. So this is my promise to you. You will flourish, safe, apart from me. I can only promise you safety in my absence. There will always be those searching for me as long as Melkor and his kin draw breath. When you are ready I will leave you our home, with more than enough to aid you in remaining safe and I will do all I can to draw the forces away from you. Until my mission is complete you will never be safe, I will not rest until that day comes. I pray you take this message from my heart, I love you, you will never be far from my heart or my thoughts, what life I have left will serve your safety and happiness.

Perhaps one day we will meet again. Please never doubt that I love you."

Over your mask tears rolled and dropped to your knees. The raising of your hand brought the glove to your attention, making you wonder how you would remove it until you jolted upright as the suit folded into a single anklet and bracelet making your eyes narrow before you wiped your cheeks and eyed the room then decided to clean the dishes then head to bed.

...

Work found you again in Erebor after teleporting to an alley behind a string of businesses' back alleys you passed through to the nearest bus stop where you waited for the bus to take you the rest of the way. Silently you walked inside feeling the Durins gather around you as Bofur asked, "So, what's it like and when's the party?"

You turned waving your fingers to lower and close the blinds before you stated, "Oh if you mean the giant mansion complete with a super hero's secret hide out, perfectly lovely."

All around you they asked, "What?!"

You nodded and flicked your fingers out after saying, "Oh ya, and Gramps made me a super suit." The suit encased you making them circle you and tap it curiously commenting on it between your coating yourself with flames and ice.

A loud laugh came from Frerin who said, "Gramps is gonna love your new suit. It even shifts to white when you light up too. Just have to add the boots and gloves to the icon."

A sigh came from you as you flicked your fingers and it slunk back again after the alarm sounded for a fire. All day you camped out in the nearby set of schools at their bake sales that the on sight ovens were over used to heat up the desserts needed to be served warm setting off the alarms.