32. Kili | Fallen Durins

Tumblr : blankdblank

Warnings – Durins fall, violence, battle, Depressed feelings(For lack of a better term)

*

Shouting and slamming doors followed by the storming of heavy boots trailing the four newlyweds towards the front gates. With Bilbo at your side your eyes landed on the Company all waiting for you, forming a bowed line eyeing you both with bags on your backs readying to leave unable to deal with the Dour King and his dark haired Nephew storming after you with matching gloomy looks.

With his new married status the younger Brother had jumped the queue placing himself and you directly behind the King in succession for the throne with the possibility of your bearing the King's next heir. True you'd only been married since your spur of the moment joint wedding in Rivendell as the awe striking Kingdom drew the romantic and love striken pair of Durins to propose the notion with the over eager Lord Elrond jumping at the chance to perform the service.

Returning back to Erebor had brought on what the King had feared, the wretched Dragon Sickness soon dimming the mood of the entire group entirely who, to your ever growing rage just bent and tolerated it. No, something had to happen, he had to be snapped out of it. So far your attempts had failed, but this one wouldn't, you were certain. The pair of you, you and your Cousin were leaving the Mountain seeking the fervently offered shelter back in the nearby Elven Kingdom.

Your decision bore heavily on you, especially with having had felt the first swimming feeling from your growing children as the sun rose, an event and situation you'd found yourself quite late in informing your Husband of. But danger was looming in this Mountain, something the Elven King sensed urging his protective side out, same with all his kin. With the distance between children so vast for their Kingdom when a woman of your persuasion is come across she is lavished and pampered, same with her child by all, no matter her status.

Reaching nearly to the group your steps halted as a firm hand gripped your wrist and you were turned bringing the stern King into your view bearing a fully set in scowl, "You are not to leave! You are our Spouses, you will remain under our protection!"

Your eyes narrowed and you replied right back as calmly as you could muster looking down at the Dwarf barely a head shorter than you, "We are leaving! Your Mountain, you in this state is far more dangerous than anything awaiting us out there!"

His eyes narrowed as his glare tightened with a rumbling breath, "If you leave this Mountain it will be marked as treason for disobeying your King! Our marriages will be dissolved and you will be banished!"

Drawing in a breath you felt Bilbo's hand tighten around yours silently showing his remaining loyalty to you, "You are not my King!" Flames shot through the King's eyes as he exhaled sharply, "The man I marched halfway across Middle Earth with was my King. You are a poor excuse of everything he feared he would become! Now unhand me and release us to our fates!"

Trembling breaths were heard from the Company behind you unsure of what they should do, not wishing to abandon either side of this schism. With another glare aimed at you the grip on your arm was broken allowing you both to turn and walk to the door only to nearly pale at the mournful gazes from the Company shifting allowing you to pass with the lot of them nearing to tears. Passing a short half wall formed of deep green carven stone Kili's voice rang out clearly, "If you do this you will be dead to us! We will never acknowledge you again! _x_!" His voice rang out the last Khuzdul phrase clearly. One that even with your brief time with their kin was well known as the deepest form of hatred, one that would reign eternal stretching to all of their kin. Marking you as an enemy to be shunned or possibly killed depending on the terms of your meeting up with another of his kin.