Backseat Comfort

You don't know how long you both stand there in silence before Bobby finally cuts in. "Hell, this is childish! You two need to talk like real adults who are planning a future together. If you don't start talking I'll lock the pair of you in the panic room until you do. I haven't seen two hunters, hell I haven't seen two people so right for each other for a very long time. You two have a chance at something that very few hunters can only ever dream about and I'll be damned if I watch you let that slip through your fingers because you're scared!"

You chance a glace at Dean but you notice he's not looking at you anymore, he's glaring at Bobby.

"I can't believe you let her come here in her state! What if a demon had found her while she was driving here?"

"Last I checked she's a hunter and an adult and can make her own decisions and look after herself. She's not dying, Dean, she's pregnant."

"All the more reason she needs to be more careful," Dean spits out, his eyes darting at you quickly, "any number of demons would just love to get their hands on the newest Winchester."

"You think I don't know that, Dean? You think I'd deliberately put this baby in danger? I was careful! You can't keep me locked up in our bedroom like some damsel in distress! Especially if you're gonna walk out on me!"

Dean immediately softens and takes a step closer to you. "I'm sorry for walking out," he whispers. "I was scared and hurting and I hurt you. I'm so sorry, sweetheart. I just wanted to find a way to make it all better, so you don't have to worry anymore."

You close the little gap between you, as you reach for his hand, squeezing softly. "I know, baby, I know. I'm sorry too. I never meant to hurt you, I want to have a family with you, I'm just scared."

Dean takes advantage of your hand in his and pulls you close and wraps his arms around you, nuzzling his face into your neck. "I know. I promise I won't walk out like that again. I'm here for you. We're gonna get through this together. There isn't much good in this life, but the one good thing I have is you! When I picture myself happy, it's with you and a couple of little ones running around."

Tears fill your eyes as you rest your head against Dean's and melt further into his embrace.

"And the two of you idjits were about to walk out in this?"

You looked over at Bobby and mouthed a "thank you".

Bobby left you and Dean alone in the kitchen to supposedly go back to research. The second you're alone Dean lifts you up as your legs instinctively wrap around his waist. He rests you on the bench and brings his lips to yours. You pull him closer as his lips trail down your neck.

"How about we get outta here? The doctor did say sex was fine..." Dean whispers in your ear before pulling your ear lobe between his teeth softly.

"You're gonna hate my answer."

"You're gonna be the death of me." Dean placed one last passionate kiss on your lips before pulling back and helping you down.

"You guys better not be getting up to any funny business in my kitchen!"

You giggle and hide your face in Dean's chest. "Come on, sweetheart. We got work to do."

"You're gonna let me help?"

"I'm not gonna take you hunting, but you can read books. In fact, you're damn good at that, among other things," he says with a wink.

"You're a dork."

"Yeah, maybe, but I'm your dork."

"Whatever, come on."

You spend the next few hours making your way through Bobby's books until your stomach growls. Dean's hand immediately makes its way to your stomach. "The baby's hungry, huh?"