Comfort in Goodbye

Once Destiny is finally feeling a little happier and settled you all go into the kitchen to have breakfast as a family. By now it's all cold so you reheat the food and make new coffee. Destiny tries a little bacon with her cow heart; she's slowly getting used to trying out different human foods just so she can taste new things and have something that you can give her in public if necessary. She still needs the hearts for nutrients and to fuel her body and you and Dean are both coming to accept that and even get used to it. The oozing blood is still a little unsettling, especially dripping down her cheek or chin, but you try to compare it to the ketchup that Dean smears all over his face when eating.

With so much being said in the bedroom, none of you feel the need to talk anymore, so you share your yummy, if not slightly greasy, breakfast in comfortable silence. Once you finish you clear the table, Dean starts the dishes and then Destiny helps to dry up. You brought an old wooden stool in from one of the backrooms so she could reach the sink more easily to help. She loves to be helpful and join in the domestic things with you and Dean. As she finishes drying the dishes she hands them to you so you can put them back in their rightful home. The three of you follow this routine almost daily now so it's almost like a well-oiled machine; it just feels right.

With the dishes washed, dried and put away Dean finally goes to find his brother while you take Destiny back to her room to brush her hair and get changed out of her pyjamas. You then leave her to play in her room for a few minutes while you get ready yourself.

As you're tying your hair up in a ponytail Dean walks in and sits on your bed. "So, uh, Sam found a case..."

"I know. He told me, and I told him that you should go."

"What? I thought..."

You take a seat beside him, facing him, and take his hands in yours and place them in your lap. "You're unsettled, restless and starting to unintentionally take it out on me and Destiny. I can handle your outbursts, I'm used to them. She can't. You need to be out there. We agreed on weening you off the hunts. Cold turkey doesn't work for you, that's become abundantly clear."

"I said I wouldn't. What about..."

You kiss his cheek. "Dean, Baby. It's okay. You need to go let off some steam and it's better you unleash it on a real monster that's doing real bad than our family or our little girl who's trying her best to be good. I love you and it's okay. I know who I married."

He leans forward and kisses you softly. "Only if you're completely sure?"

"I am. It's okay. I just have a couple of requests..."

"Name your price, Sweetheart, anything."

"Be careful and come home safe."

He kisses you again. "I promise."

"Good. Then you go out there and make our world a little bit safer."

"I love you."

"You prove that every day. But I do love hearing it too. And I love you." This time you lean forward and kiss him. You both make the most of the fleeting privacy and make out for a while before he pulls away.

"Think she'll be sleeping in her own room by the time I come back?"

"No promises."

He sighs. "I have to pack and go before I change my mind and stay here with you in this bed."

"I'll be waiting for you."

"Good." He kisses you again and then drags himself off the bed to pack his duffle which has been sitting abandoned in the back of the wardrobe. He stuffs in a few days' worth of clothes and then heads down to the armoury where you're now storing all the weapons to gather everything else he needs.

While he packs you go into Destiny's room and carefully explain that Sam and Dean have to go away for a few days. You sit on her bed as she's playing with dolls like a normal child.

"Hey, Sweetie." She puts the dolls down and crawls over to you. "Are you ready to go out? Get some more stuff to make this room feel more like you're own. Maybe get some nice new outfits?"

She nods and stands up quickly but you softly grab her wrist and pull her into your lap. "For the next few days, it's just gonna be you and me, okay?"

"Where Dean going?"

"He and Sam have to take care of something out of town. But they're gonna come home as soon as they can, okay?"

"Like a hunt?"

You nod. "Yeah, it's a hunt. But what they're hunting is doing real bad. It's hurting people. So they're just gonna go check it out and see what they can do."

"Okay..."

"I know you're still adjusting here, so are we. But Dean needs to do this so he can continue to adjust. So, we're gonna have a few girls' days! Shopping, makeup, slumber parties, baking, all the fun stuff that Dean grumbles out. How's that sound?"

"Fun!"

"Awesome! Once Sam and Dean are ready to go then we'll head out as well. Come on."

You stop by your room to grab your jacket and handbag before leading her out to the garage where the boys are packing the Impala. Once Dean shuts the trunk he looks up and sees you and Destiny standing in the doorway.

"Look at this, Sammy, we got ourselves a send-off party," he says with a smirk. He wanders over and kneels down to hug Destiny first. "You be good for Y/N now, won't you?" She nods. "Good girl. I'm gonna miss you kid, but I'll be back soon."

"I miss you too," she says as she hugs him.

He kisses the top of her head before standing up and focusing on you. He pulls you in for a tight hug and then kisses you deeply. When he pulls back he whispers, "I love you, Mrs. Winchester. I'll be back before you know it."

You smile and blush. "I love you too, Mr Winchester. I'll be waiting. Stay safe."

"Always. Especially now that I have something to come home to."

You kiss him again before pulling away and pushing him away towards the car. "Now go on, we have a girls' weekend to start," you say with a smile to hide the pain of saying goodbye.

Dean smiles at you as he gets in the car. "Come on, Sammy!"

"You stay safe too, Sam," you say and you pick Destiny up and sit her on your hip. You both stay there and wave until they're out of sight. Then you grab the keys to the red car you love so much and drive into Lebanon. 

In-Air ComfortOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara