A.P.U Comfort

Meanwhile in Sioux Falls...

"I don't know what to do, Bobby. I don't know how to help her feel better when I don't know how to shut off the pain myself. She's a shell of herself...I just want to see her smile again. She would've been an amazing mother, you know."

"For a start, you don't shut it off. You share it. You confide in your girl. Let her confide in you. 'Cause you're no better. Sam said it's like living in a morgue and now I can see for myself what he means. You will both be great parents when the time is right. Neither of you is the type to give up on anything when it comes to helping others, you just need to apply that same passion to yourselves and each other."

"How?"

"You love her and you let her love you. In the meantime though let's go see what Jody claims is so urgent."

They gear up and get into the Impala and drive 20 minutes to a cafe in Hartford, where Jody had said to meet her.

"Howdy boys, thanks for meeting me."

"Anything for you, Sheriff," Bobby says as he exits the car.

"Hey, Jody."

"Hey Dean, glad to see you're holding up okay. If you and Y/N ever need a home-cooked meal or company be sure to drop in. I'm here for both of you."

"Thanks, I'll be sure to let her know when I get home. So, what's the case?"

"This is a small town. Only crime to speak of being the occasional cow tipping. Then last week...four people go missing."

"All right, so, what makes you think this is our kind of weird?" Dean asks

"I've got a witness who says he saw someone lift an S.U.V. to nab a girl last night. Now, normally, if somebody would tell me that one guy lifted an S.U.V., I'd tell him to take a flying leap, but after what I've seen..."

"Nothing's impossible," Bobby says.

"Uh-huh."

"And this matches up with the other missing how?" Dean asks.

"Well, four abductions, strong evidence left at every scene -- literally," Jody says as she pulls out a folder full of photos and case reports and spreads them out on the table between them.

"So, the first vic was a pastor?" Bobby confirms.

"Yeah. The door of his study was punched in. And then, the next two...an engaged couple."

"Locked bedroom window was ripped open," Dean reads out.

"Mm-hmm. And then we have our waitress here with the topsy-turvy ride."

"Any other connection among them?" Bobby asks.

"Yeah. They were all members of Good Faith church here. My, uh, my church group back in Sioux Falls was in a tizzy over it."

Dean gives her an inquisitive look and says, "I didn't peg you for churchy."

"Yeah. You know... all this stuff I've seen recently kind of makes a higher power seem relevant."

"Okay, so, we have, uh, missing church folk and super strength. Maybe angels harvesting vessels? Could be a Buddy Boyle type thing," Bobby says.

"Wh-- angels? You're joking."

"Don't get your pants on fire. They suck," Dean says, "you said there was a witness?"

"Yeah, well...more or less."

"We'll be needing to meet him," Bobby states.

Jody scribbles an address down on a napkin and slides it across the table to Bobby, "This is where you'll find him. Not sure how reliable he'll be. Anyway, I've gotta get back to work. Good luck, and keep me updated," she says as she gets up and makes her way out of the cafe.