Comfort in an Escape Plan

You reach over onto your bedside table for your phone and bring up the ad as he looks at you confused. "It's not in the suburbs and it doesn't have a fence, let alone a white picket one, but I think it's perfect." You bite your lip as you hand him your phone and he scrolls through the photos. After a few minutes you add, "It's just up the hill from here so it's close by if we do ever have to come back by the Bunker for anything. Sam can visit... But I know it's sudden. We can wait, there'll be other houses. We can keep looking..." you ramble.

Dean drops your phone on the bed and kisses you to make you stop talking. When he pulls back, he looks into your eyes and then says the last thing you expect, "Let's do it."

Not comprehending his words you start to ramble again. "I love you too. I didn't mean to spring this on you right after a hunt. Let's just..."

He kisses you again. "Baby, I said yes already. We can look in the morning. Stop rambling and stressing."

"Dean..."

"I talked to Sam. It's time. There's always going to be evil in this world, but why does it have to be our problem? There are other hunters."

"But..."

"His secret crush? Another hunter who's not ready to settle down just yet. They want to train other hunters, take a step back and ensure the next generation is prepared and has the best chances of survival. With Bobby's help, he thinks he can get the Bunker back to its former glory. You and I can help, but only when it suits us. He's invited Eileen, his secret girlfriend, over for dinner tomorrow night to discuss."

"Dean...Baby...Really?" you tear up at the relief and excitement of it all. "But at dinner?"

"He knew I hadn't spoken to you yet. So, what do you think?"

"I think I'm in love with you! I love all of that! We're really getting out?"

"That's the plan. I know I can never guarantee that some evil won't try to drag us back in...And I can never fully guarantee your safety...But this is me doing my best."

You kiss him deeply. "I knew I married the right man."

"No..." he kisses you again. "I married the perfect woman. The bravest woman I ever met who also happens to be an amazing mother and wife. I never believed it was possible to have a future outside of hunting until you. You make me want more. And you make me believe it's possible."

"We're the first hunters I know to get married. We have a werewolf for an adopted daughter. Anything is possible, my love."

"Does that mean it's possible for me to still get laid tonight?"

You check the time on your phone before putting it back on the bedside table. "It's almost midnight, Baby..."

He sighs, kisses you softly and then lays on his back pulling you into his arms with your head on his chest. "You've had a big day, sleep."

"We've had a big day," you correct. "There'll be other times. We're married now. Good night, Dean"

"Good night, Sweetheart."

You relax as his hand rubs down your back and his chest slowly rises and falls with his steady breath.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

When you wake up, Dean is still sleeping soundly beside you. You admire his peaceful form for several minutes. The light scattering of symmetrical freckles that adorn his cheeks, his perfect, model-like profile, his plump, all-too-kissable pink lips, and finally his hair that's grown just enough to flop over his forehead. You carefully run your fingertips over his chest and stomach, taking in the ridges of his softly toned muscles, that he unfortunately keeps hidden. With a face and body like his, you know he'd make a fortune modelling or even acting. Not that he agrees, or believes you. Last time you voiced that belief he told you about him and Sam's experience in an alternate universe where they were actors and their life was a TV show. It sounded absurd to you at the time, but you've seen and experienced a lot with them since then.