Comforting a Werewolf Pup

As the night goes on the temperature in the dark theatre drops and Dean feels your body start to shiver in his arms. He carefully shrugs out of his jacket and wraps it around your scantily clothed body to try to warm you up. The little girl also eventually snuggles up close and falls asleep. As he sits there he lets his mind wander. He wonders what your reaction will be to the pup and his inability to kill it ... her. As she sleeps she looks so innocent and human. If it weren't for her earlier howling and admittance he may never have even noticed that she was part dog. He wonders what it would be like for the two of you to raise her. Feed her with animals rather than humans and train her to act human. But then the dark thoughts intrude. What if she still turned bad? What if she tried to get revenge for her father? What if she hurt you? He tries to push the dark thoughts away and focus on the here and now instead. Your steady breath on his skin. Your steady heartbeat. Your subtle shivering. Eventually, he decides it would be best if she's raised by other werewolves. Others who understand but also don't feed on humans. He makes a mental note to call Garth and ask if he and Bess will take in the pup. He quietly hums Some Kind of Monster by Metallica to calm himself down and try to get some sleep like you and the pup, the irony of his song choice is not lost on him, but he also doubts the pup would know Metallica. Eventually, he lets himself drift off, relishing in the weight of your body on his.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

You blink your eyes open, a throbbing pain making itself known in your head. Despite blinking multiple times your vision is blurry. You try to take note of your surroundings using your other senses. You can feel strong arms around your waist and a thick, warm body under you. You take in a deep breath and your nose fills with the scent of cheap beer, gunpowder, and the metallic smell of blood. This warms and comforts you; you'd know those scents anywhere. Without the energy or strength to lift your head, you place a feather-light kiss on the exposed skin of his neck. You feel him instantly tense and shift under you trying to stretch.

"I'm...So weak..." you groak out quietly, testing your dry throat. You tear up at the pain and overwhelming weakness.

Dean feels your tears drop onto his neck. "Hey, hey, it's alright. I'm right here. I've got you. I don't know what happened in that bar, or in this room after. But I've got you now. You're safe."

You cry harder as you struggle to recall any details from the bar and can't. Dean rubs your back soothingly.

"I don't remember...anything" you sob out.

He helps you sit up in his lap so he can look into your eyes. He holds your face in one of his hands while he keeps the other securely on your hip, keeping you steady. He wipes the tears as they reach his thumb. "Oh. Sweetheart. We'll figure it out. All that matters right now is that you're safe. Just start with what you do remember and I'll fill in what I can, alright."

You try to gather your thoughts and think back to the night before. More tears run down your face. Dean continues to soothe you and wipe the tears away. "Just take your time, Sweetheart. I'm right here. You're so strong."

"We...We were at a bar. You...You were playing pool. I got us drinks. You...Won." You quickly reach around in your back pocket but find it empty. "You gave me the winnings..." You start to cry again, feeling guilty for losing the money.

Dean quickly figures out your thought process, brings your frantically searching hand back around to his lips and kisses it softly. He considers filling in some gaps for you but knows it's better if you work it out yourself. "Good. Keep going."

You take a deep breath and try to focus again. "There were hunters. They were hunting a werewolf. We talked. I-I talked you into joining their hunt...with me as bait. You didn't want to do it, and I convinced you and it all went wrong." You start crying harder as the memories start flashing back. "It was a simple werewolf hunt and I couldn't...I screwed up..."