Comfort in a Wedding

As you and Dean make your way down to the lobby you send out a silent prayer to Cas asking him to bring everyone to the front of the hotel. Out on the street, you look to your left and see Sam and Cas walking towards you. You smile at them as they approach and squeeze Dean's hand.

Once they get close enough to talk Sam looks at you and says, "So, looks like you're as persuasive as you said."

"Told you. I know what I want and how to get it. Did you guys call Bobby?" Just as his name leaves your lips a beat-up red and black sedan pulls up beside you on the curb.

"So, what? Am I going back to my motel or witnessing a wedding?" Bobby asks gruffly, leaning out the window.

You look up at Dean and smile. "The second option. No more changing our mind, no more running. Although, a courthouse isn't really an option given our legal, official vital status."

Dean sighs and then says, "I think I know a place, I'll go get my other Baby and we can go." He kisses you on the top of your head before pulling away to go get his car.

As soon as he's out of earshot Sam says, "You forgive too easily. You know he's gonna do this again the next time there's the slightest inconvenience. I know you love him, but is it really worth all the pain?"

"Name a perfect couple, Sam. Your parents weren't, Bobby and Karen weren't, hell my parents weren't even hunters and their marriage wasn't perfect. They fought like cats and dogs most of the time. Doesn't mean the love's not real and that it's not worth every second."

"Let them have their moment, Sam. Be a supportive brother. I hate seeing any of you guys get hurt, especially by each other. But I've watched Dean surprise me for years, and for the two of you, he always steps up when it really matters. You've fought adversity after adversity side-by-side and despite the pain, you always find solace in each other. And for the record, I know quite a few couples that hunt together. I'm rooting for you."

"Thanks, Bobby. That means a lot."

"Yeah, yeah. Enough with the chick flick moments, here comes Dean. You coming, Sam?"

Sam nods and walks around to the passenger side and gets in while Cas awkwardly looks around before getting in the backseat. When Dean pulls up in front of Bobby you do the same. His hand is quick to find your smooth, bare thigh where your dress has ridden up as he drives off to the secret location. "That dress is really sexy, but I can't wait to see it on the floor."

You blush a little and then say, "I never thought this day would actually come. Part of me thought we'd be engaged forever."

He squeezes your thigh. "Me too. And I know I'm difficult and I keep hurting you, but I swear I meant it when I asked you that night. It feels like such a long time ago."

"So much has happened since then. But honestly, I'm just glad we went through it all together. I can withstand a lot, Dean, but not alone."

"I know. You mentioned that night in the barn. That night I knew you had a hold on me. I've been with plenty of women, you know that, but none have put me in my place and made me want to change the way you do. But as I fell for you all I could think about was losing you. I don't think I could handle that. Even when I gave you that ring I was terrified. We've got so many people killed over the years and I just couldn't live with myself if I got you killed too."

You put your hand on top of his on your thigh. "I was a hunter long before I met you. I know the risks. I feel a lot more secure hunting with you than hunting alone. I know you have my back, and I always have yours."

You look out the window as you feel the car slowing down and pulling off down a dirt road. You give Dean a confused look.

"I often take these roads when looking for somewhere to camp the night in Baby instead of going to a motel. I came out here the other night to clear my head and all I could think of was how much you'd like it."