Creating Comfort From A Shopping Spree

Both Cas and Sam give you curious looks as you get up and go to your bedroom to get changed and then make your way to the garage. Taking the red car you make your way into town to the closest mall. You navigate your way through the aisles with a few stops in mind. Your first stop is a jewelry store. You look through the glass at the arrangement of fancy diamond rings glittering under the bright fluorescent lights. But you know they're all too showy, so you go inside to explore their more subtle offerings.

A young saleswoman in a black dress and fancy jewelry comes up beside you. "Can I help you?"

"Yes actually." You hold up your left hand showing off your engagement ring. "My fiancé and I are gonna elope and he asked me to pick up the rings."

"Do you have some put aside or?"

"No. He trusts my judgement to pick them out for us."

"Alrighty then. What style do you have in mind?"

"We're definitely not showy people, just something plain, preferably pure silver for both of us."

She pulls out a box full of silver rings, some with engravings and patterns and some plain. You choose a simple silver ring for each of you and Dean. Once you finish paying for them you stash the ring boxes in your pocket and head to the next store: a women's formal wear store. You make your way through the aisles browsing through their range of white dresses looking for something that you can see yourself in. You brush past floor length gowns, short tight dresses and puffy ball gowns. You give up on the bridal section, finding it too fancy for your blood and start browsing through the bridesmaid and reception dresses instead. Your eyes land on a knee length white dress with a lace overlay, lace sleeves and a high lace neckline. Just to be sure you take it to the fitting room and try it on. As you admire yourself in the mirror you can't help but smile. The dress itself fits well but your black sports bra ruins the look and you can see the outline of your dark underwear through the light fabric. You make a mental note to add another stop to your journey as you change back into your normal clothes. You pay for the dress and the cashier folds it nicely in tissue paper and packs it into a white paper bag.

You make your way to the next stop on your list: a lingerie store. As you walk through the doors and inspect the skimpy and sexy bras and g-strings you feel so out of place. You push through the feeling and make a bee-line for the selection of white garments. After another tedious deliberation you settle on a lacy white strapless bra and matching lace panties that cover enough for you to still feel comfortable and modest but are also sexy. At the checkout there's a display with toys and condoms; you take a box of condoms from the display and place it next to the underwear and the cashier rings it up. Once you pay for everything you stuff them into the bag with the dress and head towards your last stop. On the way to the final store a shoe shop catches your eye. Your eyes land on a simple pair of white platform heels with ankle straps adorned with silver buckles. Deciding to go the full mile you ask the cashier to find them in your size and add them to your haul.

With no further distractions you go to a beauty parlour for your final stop. You ask for the full works: hair trim and style, wax legs and brazilian, mani-pedi, eyebrows and subtle make up. You decide if you're going to do this you want to do it right. Knowing Bobby's on his way to Dean, you call Bobby and ask him to fake a case and get Dean in a suit and tie. As you get in your car to head back to the bunker the feeling of dread fills your stomach. You know there's no guarantee he'll agree to your plan or even want to see you, but you try to push down the feeling and replace it with hope.

Back in your room you change into the new lingerie, put on deodorant and perfume, then the dress and shoes. Then for pockets, comfort and subtlety you slip one of the flannels Dean left behind over the top of your dress. You stow the rings, knife, gun, and a few of the overpriced condoms in the pockets and then walk out into the kitchen in search of Sam. You're a little unsteady on the heels for a few steps but you eventually get the hang of it, focusing on your balance and executing each step perfectly. Sam hears the clicking of your heels before you even get into the room and meets you halfway with his gun drawn. His jaw drops when he sees you, along with his gun

"Wow!"

"Is that a good wow?" You ask.

"Ye-yeah, of course. I'm just not used to seeing you like this. So, what? You're gonna try and sneak up on him in disguise?"

"Not exactly ... I plan to get married. I've had this ring long enough, it's time to act on the promise we made."

"You think Dean'll agree to that?"

"Not really, but I can be pretty persuasive."

"You gotta let me come with you then. I can't miss you and my brother's wedding."

"Fine, of course I want you there. But you stay back, let me talk to him alone first."

"Deal."

You nod. "Okay, Cas, where are you? It's go time!"

You feel a breeze behind you and then sense his presence. You turn around to face him. He gives you a confused look and then reaches out to touch your forehead but you stop him right before he makes contact.

"Wait. One more question: as an angel of the lord can you marry us?"

He looks between you and Sam, confused. "You and Sam?"

"No. Me and Dean."

"You're already soulmates, your souls are tied to each other for eternity."

"Then just humour me. Can you read the rites and do the ceremony?"

"It seems redundant in the scheme of things, but sure."

"It's really just a symbol. I want him back and I figure it's time to go big or go home. I need to show him how serious I am about us despite the new revelations and challenges."

"Very well. Shall we go?"

Sam cuts in as you nod, "I'm coming too."

Cas gives him an indignant look but lifts his fingers to his forehead also. A moment later you're all standing outside a fancy hotel. You smile and shake your head up at the glass covered building.

"Figures. He knows I'd never look for him somewhere like this. Where are we? Hollywood?" You ask.

"Miami, Florida," Cas says matter-of-factly.

"Definitely never would've thought to come here. He's good, but not good enough. Which room?"

"He's not here right now, but when I last checked he was in room 314. Third floor," Cas says.

"Thanks. I'm gonna go in there and wait for him to come back. You guys go somewhere and keep out of sight. You can't let him know I'm here before I see him."

"Of course. Go, before he gets back," Sam says. He gives you a quick hug before lightly pushing you towards the large glass doors.

You walk inside to the service desk. You hold your head high and put your hands on the desk confidently showing off your engagement ring.

"Hi." You say trying to get the receptionist's attention. She walks over to you. "Hi, I want to surprise my fiancé, we're getting married this weekend. He's in room 314, I'm just hoping to get a key."

"I can't give out the keys to any other customer's room."

You pull out a $50 note and place it on the bench. "I just want to give him a pre-wedding gift. Please."

She pulls out a key card with the number 314 printed on it and puts one hand on the $50 as she places the card on the bench. You take the card and let go of the note. You make your way up to his room.

Inside it's exactly as you'd expected: a mess with mostly empty take out containers, pizza boxes, empty bottles, the sheets are strewn around on the bed and his dirty clothes are all over the room. With your anxiety on overdrive thinking about what he's going to say, you're unable to sit still. You start tidying up, putting all the clothes in a pile in the bathroom, you make the bed and stack the rubbish in and near the bin. By the time the room is neater you're starting to sweat and mess up your hair so you turn the AC down and sit on the edge of the bed to cool down.

Eventually you hear the electric lock beep and the door knob click. You sit up straighter on the bed and quickly try to compose yourself.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───