Seeking Comfort in Persuasion

He has his gun drawn as he opens the door cautiously. His body is tense. The second he sees you sitting there on his bed his face falls. He dumps his gun and keys on the table and uses the back of one of the chairs to steady himself as he calms down.

"You shouldn't be here," he says stiffly.

"Your note said I should find a man that makes me happy, provides for me and protects me ... I'm just doing what you asked."

"I can't protect you. I just keep putting you in danger."

You stand up and walk over to the table where he's standing. You put one hand on top of his. "Everything you do is to protect me. You came here, to a fancy beachfront hotel in Miami to protect me. You and I both know this isn't your scene, and that's exactly why you're here. It's the last place I would've looked."

He pulls his hand away from yours and paces around the room, his hands running through his hair. "You know exactly why I'm here then. And exactly why we can't be together."

You know he's not going to give in easily. You can see how hard he's trying to resist you and push you away. "I know what the demons said and what they want."

"And what? You're willing to just hand them exactly what they want?"

"No. But I am willing to let you get a certain procedure."

He spins around and gives you a confused look. "You're willing to give up your dream of a family for me? You know how that makes me look and feel?"

You walk over to him and take his hands in yours effectively stopping his pacing and fidgeting. "For us. I don't need a baby to be happy, Dean. I want a family, I have that already with you and Sam. And if we eventually do get out and want a family of our own then there are other ways. Plenty of couples can't have children."

"I won't raise a child in this life."

"I know, so you get the snip or whatever and we look into adoption when and if we ever get out." He raises an eyebrow at you. "You can handle a little pain, right? Condoms and pills aren't safe enough. If we agree on this we need a more permanent solution and it's your blood they want."

He starts to nod and then tries to pull away again but you tighten your grip. "Y/N ..."

"You asked me a question once, did you mean it?"

"I've asked you a lot of questions."

You slowly let go of his hands and take a step back and strip out of the flannel to reveal your white dress. He instinctively checks you out and he can't hide his appreciation of this look on you. You step forward again and take his hands back in yours.

"Dean, my love, I know how well you know me. So, I know that you know that I'm a romantic at heart. Despite my ability to hunt and kill things, you know that when I come home at night all I want is someone to cuddle up to and talk to about it all. No other man is ever going to understand what I've seen, what I've done ... no other man will ever be able to understand me the way you do. You've been through everything I have and more, you get it. You know the mark it leaves. But you also know how to make me feel better. Even without words you know how to make me feel loved and like everything is gonna be okay."

"Baby..."

"Dean Winchester, you asked me once, so now I'm asking you. Did you mean it?"

A tear slips down his cheek so you reach up to wipe it away, but as you do he catches your hand and brings it up to his lips. "Sweetheart, I can't."

"Just answer the question. When you gave me this ring, did you mean it?"

"Of course, I meant it. But..."