Brotherly Comfort

After a few days, you're finally released from the hospital and back in the Bunker. But since you got home Dean's been twice as protective as when you were pregnant, if that was even possible. During the first few days he refuses to give you more than a brisk kiss or cuddle in bed despite getting the all-clear from the doctor – provided you use protection for three to four months – not that you have ever really been in the mood anyway. Every time one of you tries to broach the subject the other shuts down. After a while, you start to barely see each other. Dean delivers you three meals a day and runs baths to ensure you're maintaining the bare necessities for survival, but you can barely call what you're doing living. And you can barely call your relationship an engagement, he's become much more like your carer. He takes you to bed but gets up soon after, leaving you to sleep and wake up in a cold empty bed. He hasn't even been on a hunt since you got home.

You wake up to the cold, empty bed that you'll never get used to. You subconsciously touch your stomach and curl up into a ball hugging Dean's pillow. You feel like you have no tears left to cry, at this point, you're starting to just feel numb. The door swings open startling you.

"Come on, get up, I have a lead and you're coming!"

You turn around and stare blankly at the taller Winchester, "I'm not...You'd be safer with someone else. Take Dean."

"Dean's on a hunt with Bobby so you're coming with me. Get up."

"Sam-"

Sam takes a seat on the bed beside you. "I know what you went through was traumatic and sad and I wish it never happened, I really do. But I can't watch the pair of you wither away in depression. You need to find a way to start living again. You and Dean can and will get through this and you'll try again – the pair of you used to go at it like rabbits in here and when you get through this, well I'll have to find my earplugs again I'm sure. Once that happens it won't be long before we're hearing the cries of new life. One day you're gonna be an amazing mother, but for now, you just need to get out of bed and find yourself again. So come with me, I've got a lead on some strange deaths in Illinois. You come with me and let out some stress by putting a few bullets in whatever's doing it and we call it a day."

"I don't know, Sam. What if it goes wrong? What if I can't defend myself or protect you? It's been a long time since I've been in the field."

"Just one step at a time. Just come with me, and if you still feel like you can't do it when we get there, stay back at the motel. At least get out of the bunker for a few days. Look, Y/N, you're like a sister to me...you and Dean get married you will officially be my sister-in-law. I just hate seeing you like this."

"And what's Dean think of this?"

"Bobby's got him distracted. He'll understand later. You both need this. You need to find yourselves again and then you'll find your way back to each other."

"Fine, I'll come with you but I'm only coming for the ride. I haven't hunted in months I'm not reliable."

"You're a badass hunter, you don't lose those instincts in a few months. But we'll just see how you feel when we get there. I promise won't force you to hunt if you're not ready. But you need to get out of bed and out of the bunker."

"Alright. Give me half an hour to shower, change and pack."

"I'll be in the library when you're ready."

You do as promised and join Sam in the library half an hour later with your bag, filled with your original knife and gun as well as toiletries and a few outfits.

"We doing this?" you ask as you walk into the room.

"Yep." Sam stands up and leads the way to the garage. "You like the red car, right?"