Comfort in Girl's Day

In town, you and Destiny visit a few stores shopping for clothes, toys and beauty products for a relaxing girl's weekend in the Bunker. She tries on various outfits for pyjamas, day clothes and even a few nice dresses for the occasion that you may be able to celebrate her addition to your little family properly. You even buy a few new outfits for yourself; it's been so long since you went clothes shopping without a set event or intention in mind.

After a few hours, both your and Destiny's stomachs begin to growl. You know you won't be able to get her a raw cow's heart to eat in public but you hope she might be able to tolerate a rare steak until you can get home. You go to a diner down the street that you know serves decent meals. You order a rare steak and chips for Destiny and a medium rare for yourself with veggies, knowing you'll get her chips. You also ask for a pitcher of water and two glasses. On your way to the table, you notice a stack of newspapers; on habit, you pick one up. Dean always gets them to look for cases, despite the internet being much better for that now, but you want it for a different reason. While you wait for your meals to arrive you flick through to the real estate listings and open houses. As you scan through crossing off houses that are totally out of your budget or style your eyes settle on a secluded property in the mountains. You know Dean would never want to live in the town with neighbours crowding him and invading his privacy, so the location is perfect. The house also looks in quite good condition, from the photos anyway. You type the address into your GPS and decide to drive by it before going back to the Bunker after lunch.

Destiny eats the steak reluctantly to quench her hunger for now; it doesn't provide the same nutrients that she requires as the heart would, but she doesn't complain. She's always so grateful for everything you do. You pick at her chips along with eating your own meal; your appetite is nowhere near as big as your husband's and it's even smaller now that you're not over-exerting yourself on hunts. But you manage to make a decent dent in both meals and then take what's left of your massive steak home for dinner.

"You mind if we make a detour on the way back to the Bunker?" you ask Destiny once you're both finished eating.

She shakes her head. "Where we going?"

"There's just something I want to check out. It's a house. Maybe a new home for us and Dean, of course, if he agrees."

"What about Sam?"

"If there's enough space he's welcome, but I think if we leave the Bunker he'll go back to college or something. I don't know. Sam will do whatever he wants. I thought the giant scared you?"

"He does...But he's nice."

"He is. You ready to go?" You ask and she nods.

You follow the GPS directions up into the mountains until you find the house from the photos. It has the exterior look and feel of a peaceful cabin in the woods, but it's bigger than the average cabin. It's large, but not too large, according to the ad, it's four bedrooms and three bathrooms, with a full-size kitchen, lounge, study, games room, and a double garage. It also has a shed out the back and a pool. It's a large block, but that just adds to the appeal as there's no one else around. It will be like your own private sanctuary. Like the bunker, but without the lair-like feel. You truly believe you could make this a home. Of course, you still need to look inside and convince Dean, but you have high hopes.

After having a decent look at the property, you head back to the Bunker to unpack your shopping haul. Both a little tired from all the events that have already occurred today, after unpacking, you decide that it's the perfect time to watch a movie and just relax. You bring blankets and pillows into the Dean Cave and set it up for an afternoon slumber party. While you set up the room, you let Destiny scroll through Netflix to find something to watch. Once everything is set up, you both snuggle up in the cushions and blankets. You send a quick selfie and text to Dean letting him know everything is good and reminding him to be safe. Destiny then presses play on her pick of movie: My Neighbor Tororo. You're not surprised she picked an anime, considering it's what Dean has been putting on at bedtime most nights (thankfully he's been choosing G and PG-rated ones while she's around).