45- DNA Samples

As a member of the Death Eaters and a loyal follower of the Dark Lord, Draco Malfoy had access to information that few others had. He knew that Dani Silverclaw, a young wizard from the middle world, was convinced that the Dark Lord was her long lost father, and she had hired Draco to help her uncover the truth.

Draco had been searching for a way to get a sample of the Dark Lord's DNA, but it was almost impossible. The Dark Lord was too careful, too aware of any potential threats, and he kept himself firmly locked away in his private chambers in the Malfoy Manor.

But one day, Draco got lucky. The Dark Lord had left his glass of water sitting on a table when he went out to attend to some business. Draco saw his chance and acted on it. He quickly grabbed a Q-tip and swirled it around in the glass, collecting as much saliva as he could. He then carefully sealed the Q-tip in a zip-lock bag and hid it in his pocket.

Dani's POV

I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes, feeling the throbbing pain in my head. What happened last night? And who is this man next to me? I turned my head to see a tall, muscular and undeniably attractive guy sleeping beside me. Oh, right. Mattheo Riddle.

As I tried to sit up, Mattheo suddenly woke up and gave me a stern look. "You're finally awake. Do you even remember what happened last night?" he asked with a hint of annoyance.

I rubbed my temples, trying to recall the events of the previous night. "I...uh...I remember going to the party, because you were an asshole and hurt Nott and getting really drunk," I muttered, almost ashamed of my behavior.

Mattheo's tone became even more clipped. "You were more than just drunk, Dani. You were almost stripping in front of everyone while high on cocaine." He gave me an icy glare as I cringed at the embarrassing revelation. I nodded carelessly.

"It was just a little bit of fun. I don't have a problem with drugs or anything like that," I said, trying to convince not just Mattheo but myself as well.

Mattheo's voice grew cold as he countered me. "You're lying to yourself, Dani. You have a serious problem and that needs to stop before it ruins your entire future."

I felt a pang of guilt as I saw the hurt in his eyes, but I couldn't let him know that. "Oh, don't act like you're doing me any favors. Just because you act like you care for me doesn't give you the right to judge me," I snapped back, my usual defensive wall coming up.

Mattheo just shook his head in disappointment. "You really don't get it, do you?"

I just looked away, unable to meet his gaze. Mattheo may be a harsh and cruel man at times.

"Silverclaw." He demanded. I rolled my eyes. "Look thank you for being so... nice. I want to get ready and head out for classes. As you see we are late." I pointed at my clock.

He rolled out of bed. "You know, this changes nothing between us." He said deadly. "What's that suppose to mean?" I crossed my arms.

"It means I own you. And I will stop at nothing." His voice laced with poison.

I eagerly left to attend Potions class with our beloved professor, Horace Slughorn.

I walked into Potions class with a heavy heart. Potions was never my strong suit, but it was mandatory and I couldn't skip it. I took my place beside Mattheo Riddle, who was just as uninterested as I was. We sighed in unison as Professor Slughorn entered the room with a big grin on his face.

"Good afternoon, my dear students!" he boomed. "Today, we'll be brewing a potion that will help you write faster in exams." He gestured towards the blackboard where the instructions were scribbled in barely legible handwriting.