59- Love triangles, circles and squares

Dani's POV
I woke up, my eyes fluttered open. I stretched my arm next to me and Mattheo wasn't in bed. Relief washed over me, but also with a longing of his touch. My body felt numb like I had laid in the same position for hours. Which was probably the case. I was so tired had I fallen asleep and didn't even realize until now. My mind was a clusterfuck of thoughts and emotions. I glanced at the clock. It was time for breakfast. I willed myself out of bed and stretched letting out a soft noise. Was Mattheo really that twisted? That was the question that kept getting asked in my mind, yet there was no definitive answer. Or I just didn't want to say it.

I mean sure he had a past but I felt he was a better man. My stomach twisted as I thought about last night. He had cut off their dicks because I was hesitant. He kept saying I needed this and then gave me the knife. I couldn't do it. I was and am so weak, and then he demanded I carve them up. I did that. I wanted them to hurt but it was wrong. I was becoming like them. I had morals that they didn't, yet last night I was more vile than both of them combined.

Hurting them didn't bring me any comfort. I still felt dirty. They violated me. Now they were dead. Was it payment enough? Maybe. Yet my brain couldn't comprehend what had been happening. I took a deep inhale. The room smelt like cigarettes and a slight scent of mint. Mattheo's room was always perfectly clean, although the smell of cigarettes lingered today. I looked over at his desk my uniform was neatly placed on his desk chair. How thoughtful of him. I got up to get dressed next to it was my makeup bag. "Aw." Escaped my mouth. He was so sweet yet inside he was rotten. I didn't want to think of him like that, but the truth was; we were so ugly together that it worked. That's was what scared me.

All my friends sat at the long table eating breakfast. They all seemed normal but they were all hiding secrets. "Hey Dani!" Pansy smiled warmly. Draco and Theodore stopped talking when I walked in. Lorenzo and Blaise were laughing. Mattheo grinned and patted the spot next to him. I hesitated momentarily before sitting next to him. Mattheo kept studying me. "Hey Pans." I waved at everyone. Mattheo kissed my temple. It brought me a warm sensation to my lower stomach. I hated how my body reacted to him. "I saved you some pastries you like." Draco pushed his plate to me. I started to laugh. It was funny. He was being sweet which was so abnormal for him. Probably because he felt bad and awkward having witnessed everything. "Thank you." I said through laughter. Theodore smiled softly. His eyes warm and gentle.

"Wow Malfoy is nice." Pansy mused. She had been acting more erratic than usual, but I suppose that she was going through it herself. He shot her a nasty look. "Shut it you pathetic idiot." He growled. Mattheo's hand squeezed my knee and I realized I had tensed my shoulders. The anger made me tense up. It was like my body was expecting an attack.

"So... wanna do something fun tonight?" Mattheo whispered in my ear bringing goosebumps on my skin. I let out a breath. Before I could answer. Blaise slammed his juice glass on the table. "No. Tonight we are having fun. Together." He waved his hand dramatically around when he said, we.

Mattheo rolled his eyes. "Like an orgy?" Draco snickered. "No because, no one wanted your diseased dick Malfoy." Theodore laughed. Mattheo rolled his eyes and removed his hand from my lap. I let a breath of relief. "Or your ugly face." Lorenzo chocked on his coffee between laughs.

"You are all pathetic!" Draco crossed his arms. Blaise grinned but looked annoyed. "No I mean at the party. Let's just have fun. Without everyone running off to their date." He looked at me with a glare. I furrowed my brows. "Aren't you dating Luna?" I lifted a shoulder. He shook his head. "Yea but I see my friends. You and Riddle are always gone. Pansy fucks around and we never see her. Draco is chasing Granger pussy. Lorenzo and Cho are studying." He put air quotes on studying. "Nott is just a loner who gets high and worried if you're okay." I felt a jab in my heart as his blue eyes found mine. Fuck. There was a long awkward silence. It was tense. I felt Riddle glare at Blaise and then Theodore.

"Well don't be a dick about it." Pansy said shoving Blaise. I let out a half laugh.
"Yea okay whatever. I will be there Blaise. Stop being weird." I muttered.

Pansy's POV
Blaise was being an utter dick today. Poor Dani was looking all pale and worried. I knew what had happened to her. Everyone in the death eater community knew. Draco was soft on her which was so sweet. He was mad at me for being sexually free. He hated it. Yet he was able to fuck around and I couldn't? That was a huge double standard. Fuck him. I could and would do as I pleased. Riddle was being oddly possessive of Dani. I didn't particularly like him and I felt the feelings were definitely mutual. We coexisted in the same friend group without conflict but we would never buddy up.

Blaise was being a twat. For no apparent reason. Nott poor soul was still hung up on Dani. He didn't even fuck around. I felt sorry for him, yet I couldn't blame Dani either. The only person cruising by was Lorenzo. His whole back from the dead made him feel like he needed to live life. I admired that.

"Pans, can I talk to you?" Theodore walked next to me as I packed my bag to go to my third class of the day. Potions.

"Sure." I said zipping my bag. Hermione waved at me. We were at peace. Draco wasn't our problem anymore. I looked up at Theodore's eyes. He looked worried. It wasn't the type of worry you get when you have exams, it was the type of worry like someone is terminally ill and will die look.

"I'm worried for Dani. You know what Riddle made her do right?" He said. It was off putting. "What?" I scrunched my nose. If he were to tell me he watched them fuck he was next level creepy. "He made her torture them and mutilate them. And then he burned them alive." He said dead serious. I blinked and shook my head slightly. "When?" Was all I could say. "Last night Pansy. Last night." He said.