Chapter 19. Princess of the East

After that brief encounter with the heroine, we made our way into the lady's supposed meeting place with Princess Odette. It was the greenhouse that the emperor built for the previous empress.

There, we found the princess seated on a table where tea was already served. Her resemblance with the emperor and the prince was uncanny, minus the crimson eyes. Even so, she was regal.

"Ruth," Princess Odette smiled. "You've arrived."

She had the same ebony black hair that cascaded freely past her shoulders. But unlike her father and sibling, the princess inherited her mother's amethyst pair of orbs. There's also a small mole right below the side of her mouth, which added a unique charm on her face. She was truly a beauty.

"This loyal subject greets the imperial princess." Lady Camellia greeted in an affectionate tone.

"Let us skip the formalities, my friend." Princess Odette eyed me. "May I request for the servant to leave, as I wish to discuss some private matters?"

"Oh," I gaped. "U-Understood, Your Highness."

She gave me a little smile. "You have my thanks."

Oh, my god. It's a sin to be that gorgeous. Not to mention that she's so polite towards a mere maid like me. Seriously, my heart went kyah just now!

The villainess seemed to have noticed that I was fangirling hard. "Calm your hormones, Isabelle."

I squealed in embarrassment. "M-My lady!"

She sneered before whispering to me. "Why don't you take this chance to meet with His Grace? The Princess and I have a lot of catching up to do."

I shook my head frantically. "I wouldn't dare!"

"Why not? You have my permission." The lady snickered. "It's the season of mating. Go wild."

I could only cover my face in shame as I left the greenhouse. Why am I only surrounded by people with dirty mouths? I swear the villainess and the second male lead would get along in that aspect!

Anyway, it was my first time seeing the imperial princess up close and she didn't disappoint at all. Despite being a supporting character, the author sure gave her an edge on beauty over the heroine.

"Seriously," I muttered, fanning myself. She was so hot! Even the female lead can't hold a candle to her! Ah, here we go again with my gender crisis...

While trying to convince myself that I'm hundred percent straight, I happened to pass by the garden. There was a wide variety of flowers, and the sweet smell of them wafted through the air.

But rather than the flowers, something else caught my attention, specifically the sound of crying.

"How could they do this to me?!" A shrill voice complained in between sobs. "I hate them all!"

I hid from a distance and charily peeked on the source of the wailing, only to find a young lady wearing a green, flower-printed kimono.

"I told them I didn't want to get married! How could they throw me here like some rubbish?!"

She had minimal accessories, with most of them being colorful and flashy clips on her head. Based on her attire, I'm guessing that she's from the east.

That aside, this girl smells like trouble. She kept hitting the ground with bare hands. Her slanted and tawny eyes were also swollen from crying.

"Nah," I scratched my head. "I'm outta here."

Since I didn't want to be the subject of her anger, I turned my heel and was about to leave when the girl noticed me. For a moment, we both flinched.