Chapter 76: Revolution

Of course, an extra like me could never hope to defeat the devil by myself. That much, I knew.

That's exactly why I've been anticipating the main character's appearance in the final arc. Presently, no one can stand against the antagonist but him.

Only Haniel Calypso Astana has the power to counter the devil incarnate, who has finally unleashed the full extent of her powers.

As soon as the two of us were reunited, Haniel casted a barrier of magic around us, temporarily shielding ourselves from the army of the dead.

"Took you long enough," I told him, my voice taut with anger. I was not able to hide my exasperation due to the pain and exhaustion of my own body.

"I truly apologize." He gently placed his hand on my shoulder and began treating my self-inflicted injury. Blue and yellow shades of healing magic engulfed my skin, filling me with a cool sensation.

While tending to my wound, Haniel's eyes roamed around before landing his gaze on the devil, who was watching us with an indifferent disposition.

"Look at that witch, not moving an inch despite my arrival." He was smiling, but Haniel seemed insulted. "Lilith must be looking down on me."

When Haniel received no reply from my end, the mage glanced over me and immediately noticed my fatigue. He wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I'm sorry. You must be exhausted." He remarked apologetically, nudging his face on my neck. "It's okay. I am here now, Callie. I will protect you."

"Yeah," My face softened at his gesture.

He leveled his gaze with my face, his purple eyes gazing earnestly at me like I'm the center of the universe. He then whispered, "I missed you."

"We were only apart for a few days." I replied.

"Even so, I missed you. I almost lost my mind."

My senses tingled when Haniel towered over my figure and hungrily claimed my unresisting lips.

I know it wasn't the right time and place for it, but it seems that our longing and desire for each other got the better of us in the heat of that moment.

There we stood in the sunless battlefield, sharing each other's taste and ravishing the lips of one another. Within the small barrier enclosing us, we surrendered to our inflamed passion in what seemed to be a small crack on the entire globe.

"Callista..." Haniel murmured my name.

Both of us were intoxicated by the lascivious gaze we threw into each other. We were drowned in moans and growls with each touch, ignoring the bevy of skeletons trying to invade our little world.

Who gives a shit about the devil when the love of your life is in your arms? I just want to hold him.

After a few minutes, we finally pulled away from our kiss. Still, Haniel held my face close into his, refusing to let me go.

"Where were you?" I asked him, short of breath.

"Well, that's..." His eyes were still focused on me, filled with desire.

Instead of answering me, the mage lowered his head and began sucking a portion of my skin.

A moan escaped my lips, and I grabbed his shoulders to support my weakened legs.

I raised my head to the skies and saw Lilith staring intensely at a certain direction. For some reason, she looked alarmed. Does she not give a fuck?

"H-Haniel... This isn't the right time for this."