Chapter 11

Azariah's POV

Everyone bowed their heads as I walked across the room. I kept a straight face until I sat down on my chair.

"May ginagawa na naman palang kalokohan si kuya." Andrea said, who is sitting on my right side. She's referring to her older brother, Adam Anderson. They are siblings, and we are also cousins.

I sipped some fresh blood and didn't bother to answer.

"Van will also arrive soon, but I'm not sure about the exact date of her arrival." she added.

My forehead creased after hearing the news, and I had to pinch the bridge of my nose to calm myself because my annoyance suddenly doubled.

Vanessa Black? Ugh. Another headache.

"Let's start." I ordered after calming myself.

The man on my left side cleared his throat. He's Jacob, one of my officers. "Please accept my apology, your majesty. We don't have any information gathered about Adam Anderson yet."

"We caught some of his men, but none of them wanted to talk and chose death instead." The man next to him said.

I remained silent while tapping my fingers on the table. I need to think of a better plan.

After a moment of contemplation, I reached for my wine glass and sniffed the red liquid.

"What do you think, Anderson?"

I felt Andrea's gaze, but I kept my attention on my glass.

"In all honesty, I didn't receive any updates regarding my brother. You know that we haven't spoken in a long time, and I have no idea where he is. He has blocked all of our communication, including with our parents, for several years.. maybe almost a decade now." she answered.

The meeting was suddenly disrupted when my phone rang, so I immediately took it out of my pocket. The noise echoed inside the room, making me more annoyed because it caught the attention of everyone.

Who the hell dared to call me? As far as I remember, I never gave my phone number to anyone.

My eyes narrowed when I looked at the screen. Future Wifey calling? What kind of insanity is this?

That woman!

She even added a contact photo, and it was her, smiling widely while making a peace sign.

I immediately shut my eyes to calm myself, and I remembered that she had borrowed my phone earlier.

"Master, sino ba 'yang tumatawag—" Andrea burst out laughing when she saw the screen of my phone but she instantly covered her mouth when I shot her a death glare.

I pressed the end button, but after a few seconds, she's calling again. What the hell?

"Just answer the phone, master. Don't make the queen wait." Andrea murmured.

I shot her another 'I will kill you if you don't stop' look, and I won't really hesitate to do it if she will not shut her mouth.

It took me a moment to decide if I would answer because the ringtone is getting on my nerves already, and I hate the darting stare of everyone.

After taking a deep breath, I pressed the answer button. This is the very first time that I have answered a phone call.

"Are you really calling me at this hour? What the hell do you need? It's 3am already. You should be sleeping already." I said with my eyes closed to prevent myself from shouting.

You need to calm down, Azariah.

"Anong oras ka ba kasi uuwi? Bakit ang tagal mo? Tsaka nasaan ka ba?"