Chapter 21

Azariah's POV

My attention shifted to Anderson when she entered my office. She is smiling playfully while waving the black folder in her hand.

"I got the info at last, master."

I immediately scanned the contents of the folder, and my grip tightened when I saw the last page.

"Edon Collins." I mumbled as I read his profile.

A strong aura struck me, so I rose from my seat and looked straight at the door.

"An uninvited guest. Should I open the door?" Andrea spoke, and I nodded in response.

I saw Andrea smirking as she opened the door, and as expected, Edon Collins was the one standing outside.

"What brings you here, Collins?" I calmly asked.

"I just want to have a word with you."

We had a liitle staredown until Andrea cleared her throat, which caught my attention.

"I think I'll leave you both alone for a moment. I will wait outside." She waved her hand and quickly left the room.

"You can step inside and close the door," I said afterwards, making myself busy preparing my drink.

His footsteps echoed in my ear, as did the sound of the door closing, so I turned around to face him again while holding my wine glass. He's now standing in front of the closed door, so I signaled him to sit down, but he didn't move.

I laughed to myself. This guy is really annoying.

"So what brings you here, Collins?" I finally asked while walking slowly towards the couch.

"I'll go straight to the point, Knight. I came here to tell you that I will no longer let Maxine stay with you.

My grip tightened after hearing Maxine's name, making the wine glass crumble in my hand. My jaw clenched as I tried to calm myself because the urge to crush his face was too strong and I might lose control.

"Are you aware of what you're saying right now?" I asked again while looking at the broken glass on the ground.

"She's not safe with you. I know who you are, Azariah Knight."

And that's the last straw.

In a fury, I grabbed the collar of his shirt and gripped it tightly while pinning him against the wall.

"I see. So you're really the queen of the vampires," he said, smirking.

He's now showing his true self, and so am I. His red eyes are confidently staring back at me, and I'm aware that my bright gold eyes are now visible too.

"Try to get her, and I will blithely let you draw your last breath." I let my fangs reveal themselves to bolster my warning.

"Sandali lang Max, may kausap pa si master sa loob."

I was alarmed when I heard Andrea from outside so I immediately let go of Collins.

What the hell is she doing here?

...

Maxine's POV

"Sandali lang Max, may kausap pa si master sa loob." Pigil ni Andrea sa 'kin pero nabuksan ko na ang pintuan.

"Aze—" Hindi ko na natuloy ang sasabihin ko nang makita kong magkalapit sina Aze at Edon.

Biglang tinulak ni Aze si Edon palayo at nagpalipat-lipat ako ng tingin sa kanilang dalawa.