Chapter 1

**girl in the pic is Sam :)

SAM's POV

~Monday morning, at Sam's house~

I was awakened by the loud music of my alarm clock. Ugh, I just need a few more hours of sleep... why? Why must I get up at such an ungodly hour? I reluctantly got my body out of my bed and rolled onto the floor, literally.

"Ouch. Stupid floor," I said to myself.

While half asleep, I start crawling on my hands and knees heading towards my closet to grab some clothes. After getting the necessary items for my outfit, I crawl into the hallway in search of the bathroom. After a quick shower, I brush my teeth and comb my hair. I slip on my denim jeans, pink t-shirt, and a black jacket. I decide to slip a pink beanie over my head to go with my outfit. Now, I don't usually wear pink because it's the ugliest color EVER, but it was the only clean item I had.

I hear a knock on the bathroom door. It's the MG.

"Sweetie, are you finished? I made some waffles for breakfast," my mama yelled through the door.

"Okay, I'm coming!" I yell back.

As I hear her footsteps walk back downstairs, I exit the bathroom and enter my room. I checked my phone to see a text from my best friend Becca. She wants me to meet her in front of the school to tell me something important. This oughtta be great. Shoving my phone in my pocket, I grab my dark blue book bag sitting on my bedroom floor and head downstairs into the kitchen.

"Good morning, love!" My mom set a plate with one huge waffle on it on the kitchen table.

"Hi... is that for me?" I ask, eyeing the delicious waffle, executing my plan of attack.

"Yes, baby girl. Eat up!" She replies with a huge grin.

"Is that all? Just one waffle?"

My mom rolled her eyes and set syrup on the table. "Stop being greedy. One is enough for you. That waffle is bigger than your big head, and that's awfully big..."

"Wow, mom. Stop flattering me," I replied, rolling my eyes and letting out a huge sigh. "I guess I'll have to deal.

"You're welcome. Now hurry up - don't be late for school, Samantha!"

Psh. Like I care about school. 

I devoured my waffle in a couple of bites and hopped in my grey 2007 Chevy Malibu. A sistah definitely appreciates the luxury of having her own car, I tell ya!

***

~At school, in the parking lot~

I parked my car in the student lot and got out. I threw my bookbag over my shoulder and headed up the hill to the front of the schoolyard. I should've worn a coat. Even though I'm used to New York's winter climate, this winter is going to be colder than usual this year.