Chapter 6

SAM's POV

~Lunchtime~

"She really asked the teacher that?" Becca asked me. I had just told her what went down in first period.

"Yeah. She think she's slick, but wait 'til I see her again," I say, grabbing a black lunch tray and making my way through the lunch line.

"What are you gonna do?" Becca grabs a salad and puts it on her tray. Most likely that's the only thing she'll be eating.

"Just wait and see." I grabbed two slices of sausage pizza, a chocolate chip cookie, and a can of Mountain Dew and put them on my tray. I gave the cashier my money and walked to our table with Becca right behind me.

We sat our trays down across from Khalil and sat down.

"Sup, boy!" I said, diving right into my pizza slice.

"Hey, Sam. Hey, Becca..." he replied. He had already eaten half of his chicken sandwich and was inhaling his french fries. "I see you're nibbling on some grass today, Becca."

She rolled her eyes and stabbed her lettuce salad with her fork. "I see you're still talking smack."

"You gon' put some dressing on your salad? Ain't it too dry?" Khalil asked her.

"No. Do you know how much fat and carbohydrates are in salad dressing?!"

"Does it look like I care?"

"Enough fat to clog a person's arteries with one swallow! I don't know about you amigos, but I plan on living past 50, thank you very much," Becca replied.

 "Ha, alright," Khalil said.

I finished off my first slice and opened my pop can and took a gulp of my Mountain Dew. Usually Diggy would be here by now. I hope he's not with that thang...

I scan the cafeteria to see if I can spot him anywhere, but no hope. Khalil must've read my mind.

"Uh, Diggy said he might be late to lunch. He had to do something with Julie," he told me.

"Something like what?" I scoff.

"Who knows... If I knew any better, he's probably getting some sugar from her," he laughed, then quickly stopped when he saw the annoyed expression on my face.

"Ahem. Hey, is it true that you wouldn't go with Chris unless he slept with you?"

"Really Khalil? You're really asking me this right now?!" I glared at him.

"Khalil, stop. She already has enough to deal with," Becca told him, "Besides,rea it's a rumor."

"I'm just asking... " Khalil threw up his hands.

I was gonna say something real nasty, but Diggy and that thang walked up to our table. Her arm was hooked around Diggy's. Dana and Ladelle were right behind her with huge attitudes I could tell. What do they want?

"Hello, fam!" Julie greeted us. Khalil and Becca said hi; I simply ignored the chick.

"It's a great day to be thirsty..." Julie said as she looked at me. I finished up my soda and burped out loud. Her "crew" made a stank face and rolled their eyes at me.

"I'm sorry, did you guys walk over here for a reason, or just decide to fling your breath at people trying to eat?" I said.

Julie gave me a fake smile. "I heard about what happened between you and Chris. I'm sorry things didn't work out," she said, as she pretended to feel bad for me. This girl needs to stop in her tracks before my fist meets her face.