Chapter 47

SAM's POV

~30 minutes later~

Leaning against the living room door frame, I sip on some cherry kool-aid while watching the crowd dance to Chris Brown's "Love More". I haven't seen my friends since we got here. I'm the sucky wallflower that nobody talks to. I'm not having any fun at all, man. I could have stayed home. Sigh.

"Alright, ladies. There's more Chris to go around... but now ya boy gotta dry off and get something to drink."

I eye Chris, surrounded by the same girls from earlier, walking from the back porch into the living room dripping wet and shirtless. I try not to stare, but it doesn't really work.

"Awwww," all of the girls whine in unison.

Chris smirks and stops in his tracks. "You ladies wore me out tonight. Can't wait to see you again."

"You better, baby..." I hear one of them croon. Ugh, I think.

The group of pouty girls saunter out to the back porch while Chris walks my way. I sip my kool-aid as he gets closer. He makes eye contact and I quickly look away.

"I see you looking at me..." Chris begins. He leans toward me and whispers in my ear, "You like what you see?"

I rub my ear and roll my eyes, then reply, "Nope."

"Wanna come to my bedroom?"

"Excuse you?" I raise my eyebrow.

Chris chuckles, "Get your mind out the gutter. I just wanna show you somethin' -- plus I gotta change into some dry clothes. You ain't doing anything."

"Okay, and? Who says I wanna do anything with you of all people?"

"I'll make you change your mind... "

He walks out of the room. After a few seconds, I turn around and peep him walking through the kitchen towards the front room. Eh. Whatever.

DIGGY's POV 

Dana took me to a guest bedroom on the first floor... she practically pulled my arm off. Why am I going to a bedroom with a girl I don't even like? Honestly, there's nothing else to do. It's not like something is gonna happen. I've learned my lesson. This party blows since my friends left me to go gyrating on the dance floor. I could've joined them, but I didn't even wanna come here in the first place. I wanted to finish my homework, then chill and watch basketball or something. I'm only here because of Khalil. Looks like things ain't going my way tonight.

Dana turns on the lights and we look around. It's not a big room. There's a twin xl size bed with dark blue bedding, a TV, a night table, and a closet. Nothing out of the ordinary. I walk around the bed toward the window and pull the dark blue curtains back, letting in the moonlight. I glance out the window, looking across the front yard and all the cars parked on the street.

"Cool..."

"I got you something to drink," Dana says.

I quickly turn around to see Dana holding a red solo cup filled with who-knows-what.

"What is that?" I ask with a skeptical expression.

"It's beer." She tilts her head to the side as if I asked some absurd question.

"I don't drink." I shake my head and throw my hands up. "Plus, I gotta drive my friends home."

"It's only half a cup. Plus you can burn the calories off by dancing with me for a few hours before you drive... or by doing another sweat-inducing activity..." She smirks at me, undressing me with her eyes. I shudder a little and clear my throat, moving to the other side of the room.